Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

For me Crawford has developed a lazy mentality as a footballer, he can't be arsed and bluffs his way through a game whilst doing the bare minimum, not just physically - but mentally as well.

Shame, because we saw glimpses of what he is capable of last season.

Maybe Chino can get a tune out of him again, maybe not.

Not that arsed, he isn't with us anymore.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

19 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

For me Crawford has developed a lazy mentality as a footballer, he can't be arsed and bluffs his way through a game whilst doing the bare minimum, not just physically - but mentally as well.

Shame, because we saw glimpses of what he is capable of last season.

Maybe Chino can get a tune out of him again, maybe not.

Not that arsed, he isn't with us anymore.

He and Dodoo were fantastic at Bristol Rovers last season. Shame that he got his knee injury almost immediately afterwards. He was at his best feeding balls down the channel with someone with real pace in front of him. We didn't really have a runner up front if Arthur wasn't picked. Let's hope that this West Ham lad is one.

• Site Supporter

We’ve been so bad this last decade, I’ve given up being bothered about other clubs and whether they win promotion or not, I’m only bothered about us.

If Crawford does well and Tranmere win promotion, I wouldn’t say I’ll be happy for them and wish them well but it wouldn’t ruin my weekend either

On 01/02/2021 at 20:58, Rudy said:

“You’ve signed a top top player, he’d do a job in the championship. Right player at the wrong time, trained hard, good lad, just wasn’t the right player for our style”

On 01/02/2021 at 21:11, tomski said:

Think Evatt won’t have it in his locker to get the best out of Maddison and he will be the darling of 12 year olds and underwhelming to anyone 13 or above.

I really hope I’m wrong

On 01/02/2021 at 21:16, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

No mention of a poor attitude then?

That's good to hear if not, I've seen a lot of their fans saying it and they seem to hate him

Lee Bowyer ( Charlton Boss ) has spoken about why he let Maddison go ... 

I took a gamble on Marcus – against a lot of people saying not to. I tried to improve his professionalism, if you like. But unfortunately it just hasn’t worked out. The one thing I do is I demand a certain standard and that goes throughout the whole team. The other thing I demand is that you have to be hungry and proud to play for this football club. So there were certain things that happened that weren’t right.

Even though Charlton have an option to take him back in the summer , cant see that happening - so If Evatt can get a tune out of him could be a permanent option . 

Full article :-

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/i-demand-professionalism-charlton-boss-lee-bowyer-on-marcus-maddisons-bolton-loan/

I wonder if Lee's 'certain standards' demanded his players get ratarsed on a night out then mob-handedly twat some six stone wet-through student.

Tosser.

Speaking of tossing, this Lynch, according to my coin-toss evaluation of new players (heads=world beater, tails=shite) - unfortunately for Joel his toss landed on tails.

Get rid of the shitbag.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

There's definitely a theme to comments from Charlton/Posh - we aren't signing a Bergsson/Speed type pro that's for sure.  But he wouldn't be here if we were.  Its only 12 months since he scored a cracking goal for Hull v Swansea in Championship, its not as if he's in his 30s and we're taking a last chance on his career.  

Maybe Evatt will need some Big Sam-esque man management skills to get the most out of him, and not fine him for failing to trot off at half time!  And probably not trotting around much in the 2nd half either, if comments from Charlton fans are anything to go by - its going to be interesting anyway and only here 3 months so no long term, high wage committment.

Looking on the Charlton forum, there isn't a good word for Madison......accused of a poor attitude & being disruptive in the dressing room which probably accounts for his rapid decline & 3 clubs dumping him. He could be very good if his attitude is right but Evatt doesn't strike me as someone who will have much patience with a player acting the cunt.

On the other hand, the Blackpool lot seemed to rate Williams - he was just a bit down the pecking order - & he may be an upgrade on Tutte..........and as opposed to Madison, the West Ham bod seems to be a good, strong character who put his education before football & dropped to part time football where he did well for Solihull, at only one level below where we are.

It may turn out that Williams & even Afolayan are the better signings in the long run.

I think going back to the beginning Bowyer knew he was taking a chance & it's not paid off for Charlton or Bowyer.

Similarly we have done the same.Its a shot to nowt , if he's better than the lad from Lincoln (early doors not brill ) then he'll play if not he won't. 

Gut feeling is that the other signings will provide better value.Not sure we are going to see Maddison trotting off the pitch at half time.

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Benny The Ball said:

Lee Bowyer ( Charlton Boss ) has spoken about why he let Maddison go ... 

I took a gamble on Marcus – against a lot of people saying not to. I tried to improve his professionalism, if you like. But unfortunately it just hasn’t worked out. The one thing I do is I demand a certain standard and that goes throughout the whole team. The other thing I demand is that you have to be hungry and proud to play for this football club. So there were certain things that happened that weren’t right.

Even though Charlton have an option to take him back in the summer , cant see that happening - so If Evatt can get a tune out of him could be a permanent option . 

Full article :-

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/i-demand-professionalism-charlton-boss-lee-bowyer-on-marcus-maddisons-bolton-loan/

Thats sounds exiting and worrying in one paragraph

It’s about good management with these type of players can IE do that time will tell only thing I’d say is he was quick to dump Hickman who was allegedly a handful and had previous

Let's face it, if Maddison wasn't a bit of a cock-end he'd be playing regularly for a Championship team, rather than joining a mid-table L2 club on loan.

This smacks of an Allardyce signing back in the day.  Hopefully he'll turn out like a Djorkaeff or Okocha, rather than a Jardel or Ba.

Definitely a punt worth taking and we've just got to hope Evatt finds a way to get him to knuckle down and show us the talent he clearly has.

Edited by DazBob

• Members
31 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Let's face it, if Maddison wasn't a bit of a cock-end he'd be playing regularly for a Championship team, rather than joining a mid-table L2 club on loan.

This smacks of an Allardyce signing back in the day.  Hopefully he'll turn out like a Djorkaeff or Okocha, rather than a Jardel or Ba.

Definitely a punt worth taking and we've just got to hope Evatt finds a way to get him to knuckle down and show us the talent he clearly has.

Easy to talk to him, you’re building a bit of a reputation for yourself, now is the time to really cement a regular place at a big club. 

Some players need an arm around them and their ego massaging

It depends what type of nutter he is - the Gazza or Merson loveable rogue that loves a beer and is late to training a few times and maybe storms off if he gets dropped but is everyone's best mate, or the Roy Keane/Lee Bowyer type picking fights in the dressing room and telling teammates they're crap after one mistake. 

All guesswork, but there's a lot more to it than putting an arm round them when it effects how other players perform or effects team spirit.

49 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

It’s about good management with these type of players can IE do that time will tell only thing I’d say is he was quick to dump Hickman who was allegedly a handful and had previous

Its definitely easier to dump a problem player if they just arent very good.  Coventry sacked him after his misdemeanour but if that had been one of their best players in the championship this season they might have been a bit more patient.