Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

To the tune of "You'll never beat Winstanley", "You'll never beat Ricardo".  Which is true, the first player we've been able to say that about since Gudni, Bruno, Jaidi?

And more complimentary than "Ric-ard-o, oh oh oh oh, Ric-ard-o, oh oh oh oh, he comes from Port-ug-al, he's never scored a goal" 

• Site Supporter
30 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

To the tune of "You'll never beat Winstanley", "You'll never beat Ricardo".  Which is true, the first player we've been able to say that about since Gudni, Bruno, Jaidi?

And more complimentary than "Ric-ard-o, oh oh oh oh, Ric-ard-o, oh oh oh oh, he comes from Port-ug-al, he's never scored a goal" 

Jaidi? Put the crack pipe down son! 

• Site Supporter
7 hours ago, Kane57 said:

For someone who is so tall and so dominant in the air when dealing with high balls, he's fucking rubbish at attacking corners and scoring goals for us like he should be doing.

For me it stands to reason that there will be elements of his game he’s not the best at yet - he said as much in his interview. I don’t think he’d be playing in division 2 if he was the complete player. But while he’s producing the displays he’s currently doing I think it’s harsh calling him out for being rubbish in the opponents box and claiming he should be scoring goals for us. 

• Members
7 hours ago, Kane57 said:

For someone who is so tall and so dominant in the air when dealing with high balls, he's fucking rubbish at attacking corners and scoring goals for us like he should be doing.

😂 
First and foremost his job is to defend. 

15 hours ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Jaidi? Put the crack pipe down son! 

Ha ha!  Rose coloured specs maybe, I remember thinking he was very underrated (nationally) but part of his standout ability was his threat at set pieces and his ability on the ball, not as defensively solid as the other 2.  Loved watching him though.  Just checked and surprised to see that less than a quarter of his games in England were for us.  Played far more for Birmingham in Prem and then Southampton (below the Prem).  

• Site Supporter
12 hours ago, Rudy said:

😂 
First and foremost his job is to defend. 

But when defending a corner, surely part of his skill-set it to be standing a jump away from heading the ball clear. Is it beyond him to use exactly the same skill-set when attacking a corner?

• Members
1 minute ago, MickyD said:

But when defending a corner, surely part of his skill-set it to be standing a jump away from heading the ball clear. Is it beyond him to use exactly the same skill-set when attacking a corner?

Totally different 

• Site Supporter
Just now, MickyD said:

It’s almost like he was uncoached before us.

His positioning at the back was shite for the first 6/7 games.

Since then he’s been faultless.

• Members
2 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Thanks for the technical explanation! 🤣🤣🤣

Defending it’ll be a standing jump which requires dynamic explosive strength and concentrating on two things, the ball and the man.

Attacking a corner, you have instructions where you’re going to go, need to find the space having a running jump, timing, anticipation and direction. Oh and a good delivery

17 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Defending it’ll be a standing jump which requires dynamic explosive strength and concentrating on two things, the ball and the man.

Attacking a corner, you have instructions where you’re going to go, need to find the space having a running jump, timing, anticipation and direction. Oh and a good delivery

and if there is a criticism, it’s this. I don’t think or remember much quality delivery from corners etc

Like Mascoll, I’m noticing fans wishing him well and “see you back here next season”. 

No you won’t. They’re on one year deals. Evatt clearly doesn’t fancy them. Their contract is up in the summer and they’ll never play for the club again. 

1 hour ago, BWFC_LOVE said:

Like Mascoll, I’m noticing fans wishing him well and “see you back here next season”. 

No you won’t. They’re on one year deals. Evatt clearly doesn’t fancy them. Their contract is up in the summer and they’ll never play for the club again. 

100%.

I don't think he's without ability, just a shite attitude