Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

Do we know if Hickman was an IE signing or a TP? 

Either way, another mystery how he was preferred to Darcy, in any position.  Attitude on the pitch looked fine, not like he was a prima donna type/maverick type, just lacked ability like so many other pre-season signings.

There was chat the other day about our worst players of the past.  Just noticed that Giles Coke has signed for Grimsby from Hereford.  He'd be in any such list, made 4 appearances in 2015 (including Blackburn away). 

Since 2012 he's had 7 clubs and has averaged 5 appearances per club, or 4 per season.  What a strange career.

• Site Supporter
44 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Either way, another mystery how he was preferred to Darcy, in any position.  Attitude on the pitch looked fine, not like he was a prima donna type/maverick type, just lacked ability like so many other pre-season signings.

Darcy can fill in at right back too?

No end to his talents.

Amazed he's not been snapped up by another club yet.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

We'll never know for sure. We can make an educated guess based on who's still here, and who's gone out on loan though. Of course, there might be a couple of TP signings still in the squad too. It's not worth dwelling on really. As long as we're on the up, that's all that matters.

Edited by Cheese

2 hours ago, Steejay said:

Darcy can fill in at right back too?

No end to his talents.

Amazed he's not been snapped up by another club yet.

I'd prefer to put a right back at right back like we have now but in the days we were using non-defenders in that position, Darcy would be my choice over Hickman because he's faster and uses the ball better. 

Its just opinions, we're allowed them.  

3 hours ago, bwfc2003 said:

Must admit I looked at his comment a few times and it still baffled me

Darcy the enigma, the more time he spends out of the side the better he becomes.

There is a reason he has not featured more this season and it is a fairly simple reason.

39 minutes ago, Cartman2932 said:

Darcy the enigma, the more time he spends out of the side the better he becomes.

There is a reason he has not featured more this season and it is a fairly simple reason.

He's the new Joe Riley

3 minutes ago, Max Cherry said:

Darcys dad and Delaneys uncle.  only explanation. 

Aside from talking bollocks 

What I dont understand is why having an opinion different to your's means being related to the players in question.  You think Hickman is better than Darcy, I dont, I'm unsure why your uppity about that? 

I think Delaney's a decent back up in case of injury to our 2 centre backs that are playing out of their skin.  You don't, fair enough, I don't think you're talking bollocks you just prefer other players at C/B.   

I rate Politic as well so I'll probably be his stepdad next season.

4 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

What I dont understand is why having an opinion different to your's means being related to the players in question.  You think Hickman is better than Darcy, I dont, I'm unsure why your uppity about that? 

I think Delaney's a decent back up in case of injury to our 2 centre backs that are playing out of their skin.  You don't, fair enough, I don't think you're talking bollocks you just prefer other players at C/B.   

I rate Politic as well so I'll probably be his stepdad next season.

i dont rate any of Hickman Darcy (yet) or Delaney. I do rate Politic . Nothing against you mate you just do go on about Darcy a lot. 

• Site Supporter
59 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Delaney's a decent back up in case of injury to our 2 centre backs

I have had a few drinks. But I first read Delaney as Darcy. With you having put him across the front 3, in midfield and at right back, I thought you were aiming for the full house going for centre back then keeper.

“And number one is Ronan Darce and number 2 is Ronan Darce.....”

7 minutes ago, desperado said:

I have had a few drinks. But I first read Delaney as Darcy. With you having put him across the front 3, in midfield and at right back, I thought you were aiming for the full house going for centre back then keeper.

“And number one is Ronan Darce and number 2 is Ronan Darce.....”

Ha ha!  Well now you mention it...that would be an improvement on the line up for some games this season, should Nicky Hunt have been unavailable.

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

With respect 

Give the darcy love in a rest

It's boring

2 hours ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

He can shoehorn Darcy into any thread, ditto a bit of Doyle knocking. 

If you can recall me saying a bad word about Doyle you've a better memory than me Ronnie.  I find it amazing that you know what I've said because I don't.