Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

4 hours ago, Max Cherry said:

With money yoounited have wasted £100 - £150 million for Kane would be good deal for them. Watch the anti Glazer mobs go quiet if that happens as well

It won't quieten them, Kane isn't that good or that expensive.If paying £100 million for Kane they'd have to buy another one of that standard in the same window to please the anti Glazer people.If only buying one player it would need to be Mbappe.

London's 4th best supported club, Chelsea spent 100 million euros more than Man Utd last summer to purchase one of the places in this season's oil barons CL Final.Chelsea already had a better squad than MU before last summer and as you would expect spending 100 million Euros more increases the gap.Surprisingly the under rated OGS finished higher in the league than them

7 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

It won't quieten me, Kane isn't that good or that expensive.If paying £100 million for Kane they'd have to buy another one of that standard in the same window to please the anti Glazer people.If only buying one player it would need to be Mbappe.

Fixed. 

46 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

It won't quieten them, Kane isn't that good or that expensive.If paying £100 million for Kane they'd have to buy another one of that standard in the same window to please the anti Glazer people.If only buying one player it would need to be Mbappe.

London's 4th best supported club, Chelsea spent 100 million euros more than Man Utd last summer to purchase one of the places in this season's oil barons CL Final.Chelsea already had a better squad than MU before last summer and as you would expect spending 100 million Euros more increases the gap.Surprisingly the under rated OGS finished higher in the league than them

Quality post!

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Darren Pratley 💣

Wouldn't baulk at at that under IE. Couldn't have made a worse signing than a returning Baptiste last summer imo... He changed my opinion of him that much that I voted for him as POTY. 

46 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Wouldn't baulk at at that under IE. Couldn't have made a worse signing than a returning Baptiste last summer imo... He changed my opinion of him that much that I voted for him as POTY. 

Aye, Baptiste & Santos both had 2 of the best turnarounds i’ve ever seen in a Bolton shirt, from duffers to gems.

7 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Get to fuck!! OGS under rated. 😂😂😂 hope he’s there for 10 years. 

"Quality" meaning funniest post of complete nonsense!

18 hours ago, Zico said:

He's got three years left on his contract, there's no way they'd accept £50m for him 

Easily going for over £100m i reckon, when you consider Spurs just paid £20m to have bale on loan of a season

Kane will imo go for at least £150m, we were discussing in the pub Friday. If any club want him but the other option is 2 £75m player so that is 2 Harry Maguires. Which improves a team most ? Then add in City, Chelsea , United and Liverpool all probably want/need a centre forward you can easily get a bidding war for him. 

6 minutes ago, Ani said:

the other option is 2 £75m players so ... 2 Harry Maguires.

Which improves a team most ? 

Two Harry Maguire's wouldn't improve the Golden Lion 2ns XI.

One would be better than two, but nowhere even close to having none.

• Site Supporter
19 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

He scores a lot of goals for Tottenham but is 28 in July and hasn't won a major trophy.He is more Clive Allen than Ronaldo

That's not necessarily his fault is it?

Scoring lots for a lesser side, should mean more for a decent side. 

Strangely, despite others' comments and looking at things dispassionately, OGS has done quite well this season. Second in the table and a euro final. Certainly better than I anticipated. 

Can he go any further though- and remember they can't afford IE.

4 hours ago, masi 51 said:

Dapo would consider playing for Nigeria over England as he waits for a new contract with the Hammers.

Dont think we will see him back here......Move on for me

Bit early to make that call.  It is unlikely he will get a new contract at West Ham and we should be well placed to get him IMO. 

Dapo would consider playing for Nigeria over England as he waits for a new contract with the Hammers.

If he plays for full Nigeria team I’ll run bollock naked round Bolton town hall.., when Covid allows.

Good of him. A shame he has to sacrifice a near certain England career to achieve it.

You can't blame the lad for fancying another go at Spam but currently he'd never even get bench time. They'll bring in another half dozen over the summer and if he was fortunate enough to get a contract he'd immediately be loaned out again. The only sense for Spam would be to get a fee for him in due course.

But "move on" is naively sweeping & unnecessarily macho. I'd have him like a shot if he wanted to come to covid central.