Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

• Members
16 minutes ago, jmjhb said:

A bit surprised they both got 2-year deals, but they'll be good options for sure

One year isn’t really stability for them, seem to be in a position to offer shorter sensible deals in the interest of both parties 

2 minutes ago, JimmyRiddle said:

Isgrove always reminds me of a poor man's Stelios.

Not quite an out and out winger, and rarely flamboyant, beating people etc, but clearly grafts and has the confidence of the manager to fit into the team shape.

Good signing.

Agree, good call. 

• Members

I will say this in defence of Dapo, when he doesn’t have time to think and is closed down quick he’s excellent, when he’s given space he can be a bit sloppy, I think he’ll flourish in being in a quicker league next season 

11 minutes ago, Rudy said:

I will say this in defence of Dapo, when he doesn’t have time to think and is closed down quick he’s excellent, when he’s given space he can be a bit sloppy, I think he’ll flourish in being in a quicker league next season 

I think he'll benefit being in a settled side and fully integrated with the style of play

39 minutes ago, Rudy said:

One year isn’t really stability for them, seem to be in a position to offer shorter sensible deals in the interest of both parties 

I was thinking of a one-year deal with an optional extension, perhaps been playing too much FM

Any of these ( castoffs ) would you take a punt on?

Sone Aluko (aged 32, Reading)
Elias Kachunga (aged 28, Sheffield Wednesday)
Yaya Sanogo (aged 28, Huddersfield)
Adebayo Akinfenwa (aged 38, Wycombe)
Amadou Bakayoko (aged 25, Coventry)
Famara Diedhiou (aged 28, Bristol City)
Martyn Waghorn (aged 31, Derby)
Danny Hylton (aged 32, Luton)
Louis Moult (aged 28, Preston)
Ched Evans (aged 32, Preston)
Andre Ayew (aged 31, Swansea)
Troy Deeney (aged 32, Watford)
Matt Smith (aged 31, Millwall)

• Members
11 minutes ago, jmjhb said:

I think he'll benefit being in a settled side and fully integrated with the style of play

I was thinking of a one-year deal with an optional extension, perhaps been playing too much FM

In league 2 yeah definitely because if we drop out of the football league you don’t want to have a load of pro contracts on the books. But league one we drop down we sell them on, stay up and have a load of players on 1 year deals it’s a lot of graft and dollar to resign them again 

• Members
4 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Any of these ( castoffs ) would you take a punt on?

Sone Aluko (aged 32, Reading)
Elias Kachunga (aged 28, Sheffield Wednesday)
Yaya Sanogo (aged 28, Huddersfield)
Adebayo Akinfenwa (aged 38, Wycombe)
Amadou Bakayoko (aged 25, Coventry)
Famara Diedhiou (aged 28, Bristol City)
Martyn Waghorn (aged 31, Derby)
Danny Hylton (aged 32, Luton)
Louis Moult (aged 28, Preston)
Ched Evans (aged 32, Preston)
Andre Ayew (aged 31, Swansea)
Troy Deeney (aged 32, Watford)
Matt Smith (aged 31, Millwall)

Ched, waghorn, Ayew, deeney, sanogo yes

Doubt  we could get any of them though 

• Members
26 minutes ago, Traf said:

Wages? Only Ched, I'd guess.

Being attractive enough to tempt them to come. Sharon might have to show a bit of leg

6 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

We need a championship manager type database where we can filter free transfers & wages 

@jmjhb your time to shine luv

Great grafter is Lloyd Christmas & he seems to have a good connection with Jones developing on that right side. His agility allows him to turn full backs inside out & have them on toast so hopefully he continues with the extra bit of quality in the final third like he showed at the last push of the season. He's also 28 now & has played very little football in his career so far for whatever reason but he should be at his physical peak now & have a lot to give to our squad.

Dapo will be a quality pick up, the sort of signings we should be making. His ability to carry the ball under pressure & get us up the pitch will be priceless. He obviously has a lot of raw ability & has a great attitude to match in terms of work rate. Evatt did say he wants his wingers to get in at the back post & get goals so hopefully they can kick on. 

If we get Dapo/John & add them to the likes of Rico/Politic/Thomason theirs a good few players who we can mould into assets for the club which is much better than overpaying journeymen like we used to.