Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

"Initial thoughts are that we've missed a massive opportunity there, would have loved to have seen him sign for us, though I did think Weds/Sunderland or a Championship club would get him. Gutted them lot have got him, but guess we need to reserve judgement till we see who signs for us as replacement"

From the Wigan site.

General concesus over there seems to be that obviously he would have wanted to stay with Wigan if he'd had the chance and that the new owners must have someone massive lined up ready to come in. 

They still haven't figured things out have they? 😁😁😁

• Members
49 minutes ago, kent_white said:

"Initial thoughts are that we've missed a massive opportunity there, would have loved to have seen him sign for us, though I did think Weds/Sunderland or a Championship club would get him. Gutted them lot have got him, but guess we need to reserve judgement till we see who signs for us as replacement"

From the Wigan site.

General concesus over there seems to be that obviously he would have wanted to stay with Wigan if he'd had the chance and that the new owners must have someone massive lined up ready to come in. 

They still haven't figured things out have they? 😁😁😁

Ramos is out of contract JSL

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

Aye it's a long time since January. 😂

I meant it more as in a progression of late. Personally I wasn't creaming myself over the signings in January apart from Kieron Lee as I knew sweet fa about them, but the lads we brought in were excellent. 

We now know what a prospect Afolayan is & his signing was a great start to the window. Gethin Jones is a solid addition, as is Johnstone but it's the signing of Sheehan that sets the benchmark for me. With him, MJ Dapo & Sarcevic in midfield we are going to be a force next season. 

Can't wait to see who IE is going to bring in upfront as I reckon it's going to be another marquee signing. 

Yeah I know where you are coming from Ronnie feels good to be excited about signings and getting our business done early. To be fair we did Sarce & Doyle early last year with the wage cap but brought a mixed bag in after that. Trust Evatt enough to think that wont happen this year. 

Edited by RoadRunnerFan

1 hour ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

I meant it more as in a progression of late. Personally I wasn't creaming myself over the signings in January apart from Kieron Lee as I knew sweet fa about them, but the lads we brought in were excellent. 

We now know what a prospect Afolayan is & his signing was a great start to the window. Gethin Jones is a solid addition, as is Johnstone but it's the signing of Sheehan that sets the benchmark for me. With him, MJ Dapo & Sarcevic in midfield we are going to be a force next season. 

Can't wait to see who IE is going to bring in upfront as I reckon it's going to be another marquee signing. 

Is Sheehan a rumour ? Or a definite ? Or a definite rumour ? 

17 minutes ago, Blondi said:

Looking promising already in our recruitment drive, the hard part will be to sign a decent striker to push Doyle.

Plenty of time yet, glad to see we're getting all our other business done

• Site Supporter

We need loans out sorted out for Comley, Crawford, Gordon, Greenidge asap.

These guys are just not going to be in the squad, so any announcement about their departures would be as good as any new signing.

2 hours ago, Steejay said:

We need loans out sorted out for Comley, Crawford, Gordon, Greenidge asap.

These guys are just not going to be in the squad, so any announcement about their departures would be as good as any new signing.

Comley Crawford and Gordon Greenidge should be opening the batting for West Indies.

• Moderators

Never heard of this George Johnston before 

Sounds like he's got a decent enough background 

Maybe a long term replacement for Baptiste 

And it's pissed off Wigan, for that reason alone it's a great signing

17 hours ago, Breightmet Boy said:

George Johnston from Wigan, 22 year old defender just signed

Former Liverpool Reserve captain, moved to Feyenord & joined on loan for Wigan's great escape last January (bastards). Played 22 times.

A left sided centre-half but able to play across the back. Despite never having heard of him that's a decent pedigree for a 'one for the future'.

I felt we needed a good, ready made centre half to join. I assume this guy fits that bill.

Now get John signed.

What then ? ... I still think Evatt has another 3 of 4 in mind. If Sheehan is the extra midfielder then a proper good striker to join Doyle. Tempting to say a trickster winger on the right but maybe Evatt sees Politic doing that.

Not to mention a couple of high quality loans.