Ratwhite

2 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Have you told him ?

What did he say ?

Yes had a good chat with him lovely lad

Told him he has so much potential and this season will be ace for him 

1 hour ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

I’m expecting dapo to chip in with goals this season 

I kind of forgot about Dapo, but yes of all the "non scoring" players he's the one who has the potential.  Our most tricky, skilful player by a mile but hasn't got the stats to go with it yet, hopefully that will change in league one.  

I'm not worried at all by last year's stats.  When you look at how shit we were for the first half of it, Sarcevic was injured, Thomasson was brand new to league football, etc.

We'll be starting the new season as a settled outfit with the only changes being improvements. 

6 minutes ago, DazBob said:

I'm not worried at all by last year's stats.  When you look at how shit we were for the first half of it, Sarcevic was injured, Thomasson was brand new to league football, etc.

We'll be starting the new season as a settled outfit with the only changes being improvements. 

in a higher league.

Im not getting giddy, ill be happy with being in the top 15, stability then crack on 2022/23

17 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Delaney has gone - probably for the best for both parties

Interesting. He hadn't signed the extension so that was a hint. I was surprised he was offered it. He did no harm but was some way behind others. I assume he's found someone who'll give him a longer contract & actually play him.

Good luck to him ... & thanks.

Right. We need another ... I assume.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, burnden said:

Happy with that. Glad to hear this too:

Evatt has confirmed, however, that he will be looking to sign a senior keeper to provide direct competition for Gilks next season.
“We need someone who is ready to play and has played, and that is what we are looking for,” he said. “We have one or two options highlighted but whoever we bring in will be able to step straight in and be able to play to a similar standard to Matt.”

8 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Nope. First choice. And rightly so.

Did very well last season in a league lower

surely we should be looking beyond a 39 year old in net as first choice?

Edited by radcliffewhite1

Not bothered about Delaney and not surprised he's gone. Glad Gilks has signed a 12 month deal, would be great if we could sign Josh Griffiths for competition, he kept 10 clean sheets for Cheltenham and he looked a cracking young keeper when we played them.

Sorry to see Delaney go, thought he was decent and unlucky his ridiculous sending off at Tranmere coincided with the Baptiste resurgence.  But Johnstone is obviously the left footed centre back replacement, which should reflect the fact that we need better standard in this league.  When players are celebrating promotion wildly, I always think it must be at the back of fringe player's minds that the team's success means they are nearer the exit door.  Seems logical to assume Delaney gets a new deal if we stay down, maybe Arthur too.  Effectively, its "Great, we beat Crawley, I'll pack me bags!". 

Wish Delaney well. Would of been happy to keep but so far we are upgrading so no issues and wish him well.

Stephen Hunt has hit out on twitter (assume he’s his agent) and it’s nice to see someone is gutted to be leaving bwfc

With Delaney gone I'd say that means we need a further central defender unless Evatt considers that Senior or Edwards have progressed enough to be considered first team material. Greenidge isn't close to being good enough from what I've seen. You need four central defender that you can trust - we've got Santos, Baptiste and Johnston.