Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

Evatt is making uncharacteristically postive noises about an, as yet, undone deal ... about Declan John.

He's saying it's got to the dotting i's & crossing t's point & should be sorted before the weekend.

I'm surprised in that he normally keeps things very close to his chest and I don't think he'd be saying this unless they're more or less looking for the pen.

Finger's crossed. 🤞

5 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Politic will be like a new signing 

A cb and cf will be brilliant 

Would you see him as a RW or a #10 or elsewhere ?

... &, you would know more than most, how certain is it that he'll return properly recovered physically as well as mentally ?

I'm hoping everything is positive but let's not forget, he's not had a real first team season with us yet. 

ps. I know the recovery questions are impossible to answer.

Edited by Dr. Feelgood

4 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

From what we've seen, Politic is wasted out wide, and naturally comes inside.

That may suit IE with supporting "wide" men being asked to be a bit narrower and contribute more goals.

Yeah I agree, Politic would be better suited in the middle, probably just behind Doyle or an attacking midfielder.

• Site Supporter

I can see Politic and Dapo being asked to play that bit narrower to support Doyle and chip in with a few goals in the way Diouf & Stelios used to. That means Isgrove likely to be on the bench a chunk of time (i'm assuming Politic isn't a stump after his injury).

Re Dec John, i agree with the good doctor - if Evatt is talking about it being close, I suspect it's all but done give or take the medical

• Members
37 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Would you see him as a RW or a #10 or elsewhere ?

... &, you would know more than most, how certain is it that he'll return properly recovered physically as well as mentally ?

I'm hoping everything is positive but let's not forget, he's not had a real first team season with us yet. 

ps. I know the recovery questions are impossible to answer.

Without knowing the full SP it’s hard to tell but the recovery now is a million miles better than even 10 years ago. He’s young so his tendons and ligaments can still get stronger so his agility won’t be affected. Needs a bit of mental strength now to put it to the back of his mind 

4 hours ago, Blondi said:

Yeah I agree, Politic would be better suited in the middle, probably just behind Doyle or an attacking midfielder.

I agree Politic is an out and out attacker, he shouldn't be concerning himself with all that tracking back that a winger is asked to do.  He's got goals and assists in his locker if he's played where you say, I feel like a lot of that is taken away on the wing.  But Sarce is likely to be the "No 10", not to mention Lee.  Its going to be tough for anyone else to break into that midfield if we assume Sheehan is a likely starter.  I just want to see our goals potential improved/maximised.