Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

1 minute ago, stek1961 said:

Who was the skilful black/ethnic minority lad (think he was on loan from Luton) we had early in the season, tricky fucker he was, he might do a job for us?

Peter Kioso! Irish lad, from Swords near Dublin where I used to get my guitars setup.

Evatt speaking today ...

""Fundamentally at the moment it looks like we’ve got a good chance of getting all our number one targets, bar one really who happened to score on his debut at one of the big clubs at the end of the season, but other than that I think things are going really well with our primary targets".

so, c'mon, any guesses ?

• Site Supporter
25 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Evatt speaking today ...

""Fundamentally at the moment it looks like we’ve got a good chance of getting all our number one targets, bar one really who happened to score on his debut at one of the big clubs at the end of the season, but other than that I think things are going really well with our primary targets".

so, c'mon, any guesses ?

Just been through the Prem results from last day. The only one who made his debut and scored was Elanga from United.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.manutd.com/en/amp/news/detail/anthony-elanga-reacts-to-first-united-goal-23rd-may-2021

8 minutes ago, Traf said:

I liked Pratley.
Was made a scapegoat because he turned out not to be the player we signed him as.

Probably because he was asked to do two other roles as well.

Well summed up 

7 minutes ago, Traf said:

I liked Pratley.
Was made a scapegoat because he turned out not to be the player we signed him as.

Probably because he was asked to do two other roles as well.

Same as you know Uncle T 👍🏻

The younger generation didn’t seem to take to him cos he couldn’t seal dribble 

it’s funny as loads seem to get better the longer they don’t play for us yet with Pratley it’s gone the other way

Was our best player in the best season we had in the championship before it was ruined by nobhead 

Then a succession of nobheads

He was limited but ran through brick walls and scored the odd goal. Put it this way, Williams isn’t a patch on him and folk call him the messiah

Dixon is a guy known to the boss and put in a full season in a struggling Div.4 team last year.

I'm surprised we've not set our sights higher tbh. Keeper last time was a blind spot for Evatt.

Gilks, of course, turned things round but only way, way after Crellin's ineptitude had been obvious to everyone for a good while. It was Gilks organisation, direction and know how that allowed the defence to settle more than his shot-stopping & cross-taking.

So, a muted "welcome" and a slightly nervous "in Evatt we trust". 

On 09/06/2021 at 22:26, jules_darby said:

Same as you know Uncle T 👍🏻

The younger generation didn’t seem to take to him cos he couldn’t seal dribble 

it’s funny as loads seem to get better the longer they don’t play for us yet with Pratley it’s gone the other way

Was our best player in the best season we had in the championship before it was ruined by nobhead 

Then a succession of nobheads

He was limited but ran through brick walls and scored the odd goal. Put it this way, Williams isn’t a patch on him and folk call him the messiah

Williams is limited, as was Pratley.  Different players, both with great attitudes.  Pratley had a goal in him as you say but I expected a few more than his 12 in all the time he was here.  Good engine, covered most of the pitch in most games.  Williams doesn't threaten the opposition box, much more defensive minded but far better at winning possession, DP gave away too many free kicks and fell over a lot.  Williams far more consistent at keeping possession, and a better range of passing too.  Neither tick enough boxes to be championship standard for me, but more than happy with either in league one.