Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

• Site Supporter
17 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Because my opinion, reasonably thought through & presented, is that we've not done the best we can.

You may disagree and you're quite happy. Which is nice. Bravo. Good for you. 

But I'll be fucked if you're going to close me down for a reasonable viewpoint because you don't agree.

Gilks, Dixon, Alexander and Brockbank 😂. Sorted in the keeper position 😉

I don’t understand why it’s a surprise that we haven’t blown the budget and gone big on a new keeper. IE has already said that Gilks is first choice next year, therefore we’re shopping for a sub keeper - why would we spend any more than we need to for a player that is going to spend the majority of next season not playing?

It’s not certain that he won’t be playing though. I’m sure IE will make a decision who plays when everybody’s come through training. I’d imagine Gillo will start as first choice but it’s up to Joel to prove he should have his chance. I’m sure both Joel and IE are confident that if Gillo does slip then he won’t let anyone down. Gillo is 39 now and even if fit must surely lose some athleticism at some point.

• Site Supporter
53 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Some people need to get Over the fact that IE won’t have a second keeper on the bench unless it’s a really important game. 

let it go

Indeed. He’s playing a percentage game. I don’t know the stats but the number of times in a season where a keeper comes off the bench is very low. 

2 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Because my opinion, reasonably thought through & presented, is that we've not done the best we can.

You may disagree and you're quite happy. Which is nice. Bravo. Good for you. 

But I'll be fucked if you're going to close me down for a reasonable viewpoint because you don't agree.

idiot

25 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Not sure the lad himself will be entirely happy at giving up regular first team games at Barrow just to sit on our bench.

He must feel he has a decent chance of being the number 1 number 1.

Which in itself, suggests he is a reasonable keeper for the level we're at.

He will be on more money, and he’s got an aging keeper in front of him so he’s got to fancy his chances of getting in front of Gilks. 

50 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Blind Ben Amos off to Wigan - I’d to know how many of our ex players they have signed in the last 10/15 years.

I suppose imitation is the greatest form of flattery

These new owners of theirs throwing some money around then? Let's hope they make the same mistakes as Hong Kong Phoeey

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

He will be on more money, and he’s got an aging keeper in front of him so he’s got to fancy his chances of getting in front of Gilks. 

You would hope so. In fact, I doubt evatt would want a youngish player who was happy to sit on the sidelines. 

Maybe Gilks will be his shouting coach.

Throwing my 10p in Evatt now trusts both keepers and to be honest its when not if Dixon makes the number 1 spot his own.

I think both Gilks and Evatt will want Dixon in the team from day one, but he may be eased in sooner rather than later

We dont have 2 keepers competing against each other so i think they may gel on and off the pitch

If Gilks can get Dixon to replicate his organisation skills we may have a decent keeper for the next few years

• Members
1 hour ago, tomski said:

Seem to be in the minority here but happy we’ve bought Dixon in and I simply want the keeper who is playing better starting. Gilks or Dixon. Good business imo

Couldn’t agree more. Gilks made such a difference and I’d have faith in him in league one, Dixon providing some competition will be good, and they must rate him to give him a 2 year deal 

4 hours ago, tomski said:

Seem to be in the minority here but happy we’ve bought Dixon in and I simply want the keeper who is playing better starting. Gilks or Dixon. Good business imo

Well im happy to be in the minority with you. Well said and I don't think it's a minority.  Gilks deserves to start the first match and we go from there. Another area strengthened with a contracted back up/rival who seems to be a decent option at this level. No problem for me 

14 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

Blind Ben Amos off to Wigan - I’d to know how many of our ex players they have signed in the last 10/15 years.

I suppose imitation is the greatest form of flattery

Odelusi

ALF

Jordan Williams

Antonee Robinson

Amos

Al Habsi

Ryo Miyachi

Struggling now 

Edit: Jussi, Kellett and Warnock too 

Edited by matty2094

• Members
7 hours ago, matty2094 said:

Odelusi

ALF

Jordan Williams

Antonee Robinson

Amos

Al Habsi

Ryo Miyachi

Struggling now 

It pains me to say it but Per Frandsen as well

7 hours ago, matty2094 said:

Odelusi

ALF

Jordan Williams

Antonee Robinson

Amos

Al Habsi

Ryo Miyachi

Struggling now 

Bogdan, Clough, woolery, Craig Davies. Sure there are more too.

They've been doing it for years. They had Scott Green, David Lee, Per Frandsen and Emerson Thome too.

More recently, in addition to those already mentioned, you can add Jamie Proctor & Craig Davies.

I wonder if their main scout lost his driving licence and just jumped of the bus to Bolton/Horwich.

Just now, Dr. Feelgood said:

They've been doing it for years. They had Scott Green, David Lee, Per Frandsen and Emerson Thome too.

More recently, in addition to those already mentioned, you can add Jamie Proctor & Craig Davies.

I wonder if their main scout lost his driving licence and just jumped of the bus to Bolton/Horwich.

Wigan are like a boil on our arse.