Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

I like Madine, I think he’s shown massive improvement over the last 12-18 months and it’s a risk to bring in an unknown Dutchman who could turn out to be awful. However, if we’re offered anything north of £2.5m - never mind £6m(!!) - for a player with 18 months left on his contract who it’s fair to say is more than punching above his weight then it’s time to take the money and run.

Cardiff with their parachute payment will have offered to double his wage so if we are to keep him then he will be pushing us to match that offer. Then we go back to the situation of massive wages nearly taking the club under.

He will be a loss to the team sure but less than a year ago he missed a crucial game because he couldn't be trusted not to act a dick. Not that the club have told us supporters what happened though.

To use a gonzo term if we’re selling Gaz madine for £6m the games gone that’s just a fact but if it’s our £6m fuck it.

Our relegation rivals will be looking at us selling our best player and top scorer and replacing him with an untested Dutch lad from Feyenoord reserves ...... I’d say we’ve gone from odds on to stay up to evens with money that secures the clubs future ...... this is what living within your means looks like every credit Ken for keeping us competitive I’d say.....I think we might see another cat out the bag signing too

Edited by onlyoneawalker

Mounts i know you live in a happy dimension where this all happens however the reality of it is....he will get double the wage at cardiff so is unlikely to sign a new deal here and be stranded if they then pull out. he could not sign and then go on a free in 18 months time.

Again he has played very well this season and we are still in the drop zone so really will it matter ?

cash in and move on.

this new dutch fella may be a world beater.

I’m thinking that the likelihood of relegation is greater without Madine therefore it does matter, regarding salary if he is offered double which I doubt then we’ve only got to pay it for 4 months it protects our asset and a successful end of season could enhance his value.

To use a gonzo term if we’re selling Gaz madine for £6m the games gone that’s just a fact but if it’s our £6m fuck it.

Our relegation rivals will be looking at us selling our best player and top scorer and replacing him with an untested Dutch lad from Feyenoord reserves ...... I’d say we’ve gone from odds on to stay up to evens with money that secures the clubs future ...... this is what living within your means looks like every credit Ken for keeping us competitive I’d say.....I think we might see another cat out the bag signing too

Agreed

If he goes, we're down. Simple as that.

And how bizarre it feels to be typing that

Including his current purple patch, he has 16 Championship goals in 90-odd appearances...

How much is that kind of player worth?

Cardiff clearly think he'll help their promotion push. So worth a lot to them if he can get them in the Prem. Big if - can't see it myself.

I'd take £2.5m plus some add ons and I reckon that would be sufficient to see Ken through until May.

• Moderators

Including his current purple patch, he has 16 Championship goals in 90-odd appearances...

How much is that kind of player worth?

dunno

20 years back kevin davies was bought for 1.2 million

he had a similar ratio and had never played above 3rd tier