Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

• Moderators

Does it really matter to anyone who isn't an accountant employed by BWFC?

aye, it does a bit, if you're interested in off the field performance as well as on the field

with KA saying it would take an exceptional offer, it would be interesting to know what that is, and how it might contribute towards getting us out of the shite, because that's important 

also be good to know if we were in a position to get a good price for a player rather than being bummed, given plenty others seemingly get a good price for their players - if we have, it might suggest we're improving off the field and in a position to compete in the transfer market

all part of supporting a club, imo

• Moderators

They’re never recouping what they’ve supposedly paid, and he’s never going to be a Premier League centre forward for as long as there’s a hole in his arse. And yet they’ve doubled his money and given him a three and a half year deal.

It beggars belief.

I guess if he helps get them up he'll have paid for himself and will be off on loan next season to another Championship side

and if they don't go up, he'll do for their next attempt

• Moderators

Is the transfer deadline the same in every country? I think it is slightly different in some countries.

it can vary by a day or hour

specially around bank holidays

think its done by continent, too, so thats the variation

Vandaag 01:15am

Feyenoord heeft het contract van Michiel Kramer ontbonden. De spits had nog een verbintenis tot medio 2018 bij de Rotterdammers, maar was de laatste maanden op een zijspoor beland. Volgens de Rotterdamse club is het contract "in goed overleg" ontbonden.

Kramer kwam in 2015 over van ADO Den Haag en speelde 55 competitieduels voor Feyenoord. Daarin kwam hij achttien keer tot scoren. Dit seizoen kwam de aanvaller nauwelijks nog aan spelen toe. Met de concurrentie van Robin van Persie en Dylan Vente was er ook geen perspectief meer op speeltijd.

"Kramer heeft met name in zijn eerste twee seizoenen absoluut zijn waarde bewezen voor Feyenoord en een aandeel gehad in de prijzen die we met de beker en het kampioenschap hebben gepakt", aldus technisch directeur Martin van Geel. "Gezien de huidige situatie is deze oplossing voor alle partijen het beste, zodat Michiel bij een andere club een nieuwe impuls kan geven aan zijn carrière."

Did Whitt write that ?

They’re never recouping what they’ve supposedly paid, and he’s never going to be a Premier League centre forward for as long as there’s a hole in his arse. And yet they’ve doubled his money and given him a three and a half year deal.

It beggars belief.

I never thought Ashley Barnes or Sam Vokes would cut it in the Premier but they are doing ok. You just never know. With the right players around him Madine could step up.

• Site Supporter

aye, it does a bit, if you're interested in off the field performance as well as on the field

with KA saying it would take an exceptional offer, it would be interesting to know what that is, and how it might contribute towards getting us out of the shite, because that's important 

also be good to know if we were in a position to get a good price for a player rather than being bummed, given plenty others seemingly get a good price for their players - if we have, it might suggest we're improving off the field and in a position to compete in the transfer market

all part of supporting a club, imo

Fair enough. Just trying to understand the mentality.

• Site Supporter

Vandaag 01:15am

Feyenoord heeft het contract van Michiel Kramer ontbonden. De spits had nog een verbintenis tot medio 2018 bij de Rotterdammers, maar was de laatste maanden op een zijspoor beland. Volgens de Rotterdamse club is het contract "in goed overleg" ontbonden.

Kramer kwam in 2015 over van ADO Den Haag en speelde 55 competitieduels voor Feyenoord. Daarin kwam hij achttien keer tot scoren. Dit seizoen kwam de aanvaller nauwelijks nog aan spelen toe. Met de concurrentie van Robin van Persie en Dylan Vente was er ook geen perspectief meer op speeltijd.

"Kramer heeft met name in zijn eerste twee seizoenen absoluut zijn waarde bewezen voor Feyenoord en een aandeel gehad in de prijzen die we met de beker en het kampioenschap hebben gepakt", aldus technisch directeur Martin van Geel. "Gezien de huidige situatie is deze oplossing voor alle partijen het beste, zodat Michiel bij een andere club een nieuwe impuls kan geven aan zijn carrière."

Today 01:15AM

Feyenoord has dissolved the contract of Michiel Kramer. The striker had a commitment to mid 2018 at the Rotterdam-squad, but had been on a sidetracked in the last few months. According to the Rotterdam club the contract is "in good consultation" dissolved.

Kramer arrived in 2015 from ADO Den Haag and played 55 matches for Feyenoord. In it, he came to score eighteen times. This season the aggressor hardly still came to plays. With the competition of Robin van Persy and Dylan vente there was no longer a perspective on playing time.

Especially in his first two seasons, Kramer has definitely proved its worth for Feyenoord and had a share in the prizes we packed with the Cup and the championship, said technical director Martin van Geel.  "Given the current situation, this solution is best for all parties, so that Michiel can give a new impulse to his career at another club. "

Pick of Ken’s Statement

“However, despite all that has been written and said elsewhere, even by some of the people close and actively involved in the transfer, it became obvious to me towards the end of last week that Gary and his advisors had decided on a move away despite having made what l considered to be a very good, new contract offer to Gary, whereby his salary and add-ons effectively doubled his current salary and extended the length of the contract by a further year to 2020.

However, for whatever their reasons, Gary and his advisors declined to accept our proposals.

Indeed, discussions came to a stage whereby Gary submitted a written transfer request on January 24, which was after the initial offers from Cardiff had been received and swiftly declined, and despite all the efforts made by the manager and myself to keep Gary, it was not to be.

Both clubs agreed not to disclose the transfer details, but surprisingly - and l don’t know how - the level of the fee and the payment terms that have been referred to elsewhere and the figures being bandied around are not that far from reality.

Furthermore, l can say that the determining factor in agreeing to the transfer, albeit that it was only reluctantly and finally accepted on Wednesday morning, was the fact that the fee was to be paid immediately with further substantial add-ons in the future, together with a substantial share of any future transfer proceeds.

We have not given up on finding a suitable replacement for Gary and are today actively looking at out-of-contract players.

Despite receiving bids for other players in our squad, we opted to ensure that nobody else left.“

Seems like he’s made the best out of the Madine situation, improved the squad in other areas but just missed that key point of replacing Madine for one reason or another.

If he can somehow find a replacement out of contract, whether it’s Kramer or someone else then it’s been a success. If not then Parkys got a job on his hands to make sure it’s a football success as well as a financial success.

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2018/february/a-note-from-the-chairman/

Full statement.

I appreciate KA has to billy bullyshit a little bit, but if the bulk of that statement is accurate then I'm not sure what else he and Parky could have done.

I'm not convinced Madine is the sort who would knuckle down and wait until the summer if the offer had been knocked back. The lad is a bellend, albeit a reasonably talented footballing bellend.

If we are able to get a bit unit in up front (al la Krammer) then I think the window has been pretty decent for the club.

Edited by jimmyjoojar

• Site Supporter

Well well.

Went to bed last night knowing Madine had gone and walker had come in. Resigned to him going but £6m was a no brainer.

Having read this thread a Learned of the incomings I'm made up.

Having now seen that mardine handed in a transfer request then he had to go and hats off to ken.

I'm delighted that Clough's back- we all know he was 'sacrificed' for the greater good last time round; but I'm convinced he didn't really want to go and hasn't settled at Forrest.

His confidence might be down a bit, but hopefully he'll feel a weight off his shoulders and he'll hit the ground running.

We've got a lad back who seems to love the club and lost one who didn't want to be here and gained £6m for the privilege.

The squad looks better than previously; and seems more exciting- parky now has to do his bit, and who knows kens wish for more bums on seats might materialise, if the football on offer does get better.

If that money is used to pay off blue marble then fine; its got to be paid somehow.

I was concerned that letting your main man go so late would be detrimental, but having handed in a request his presence instead my have been detrimental.

Perhaps a pity we couldn't put a cheeky bid of around 1/2 a million or so for Clough, as then he would be available for then end of the season (let's hope we are safe by then), but hey ho, can't win em all.

Like Burke, he has played in midfield for west ham, and has a pass on him, so options for PP; whether at the back in a 4 or a 5, or further forward.

The Sun's out, the sky is blue, and I feel far more enthused than I thought would be possible.

Oh and Madine's a cunt.

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2018/february/a-note-from-the-chairman/

Full statement.

I appreciate KA has to billy bullyshit a little bit, but if the bulk of that statement is accurate then I'm not sure what else he and Parky could have done.

I'm not convinced Madine is the sort who would knuckle down and wait until the summer if the offer had been knocked back. The lad is a bellend, albeit a reasonably talented footballing bellend.

If we are able to get a bit unit in up front (al la Krammer) then I think the window has been pretty decent for the club.

Refreshing honesty from KA let’s hope that we can pick up a striker from the out of contract list of players.

I hope Madine does well but, there is the cuntish side of me that hopes that Colin Wanker gives him one to many bollokings and he goes into "sulk mode"

I'm very interested to see how he does there and how he fits in and actually hope he does well (apart from in our re-arranged game with them)

The extreme hero worship of him is bizarre though. I know we've been short of cult heros in recent years but surely he'll be barely a footnote in a couple of season's time