Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion
Ratwhite

Transfer Gossip

Our next manager is as equally important as our next owner - stick with Parkinson and the club will decline even further, a decent man but a piss poor manager, I would suspect that 90% of BWFC fans have had enough of him & his shite football.

We need something different to get the fans back onboard - it makes absolutely no sense for a new owner to retain Parkinson, for a new owner to get the fans on side it needs a new manager who's mindset & philosophy is to play football.

1 hour ago, Jeebster said:

I would suspect that 90% of BWFC fans have had enough of him & his shite football.

That would mean we only had 20 fans

You know who you are, you two

Not sure where to put this; chatting to a pro today; free agent on champ manager link...

some weight in BSA rumours, and he’d be very interested in joining... if/when everything is sorted.

just need to keep him away from penalties if he signs!

1 hour ago, Dr Faustus said:

Not sure where to put this; chatting to a pro today; free agent on champ manager link...

some weight in BSA rumours, and he’d be very interested in joining... if/when everything is sorted.

just need to keep him away from penalties if he signs!

Chris Waddle?

A mate of mine is a personal trainer and knows one of the remaining lads at our place 

They are also of the impression that things are going to improve and it’s worth sticking round for. Also mentioned BSA 

9 hours ago, Barnstoneworth White said:

Chris Waddle?

Why not go mad and sign Stuart Pearce and Gareth Southgate as well

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Semblance of a decent defense there!

As long as you don't need them to take penalties 

2 hours ago, frank_spencer said:

As long as you don't need them to take penalties 

What penalties?

We're under some strange penalty embargo too.

26 minutes ago, Traf said:

What penalties?

We're under some strange penalty embargo too.

That would require having possession of the ball in the opposition box in order to win a penalty. As we haven't managed that for some time... 

9 minutes ago, burnden said:

All the idiots crying on twitter are the ones who were clamouring for admin saying how great it would all be.....ironic really. 

1 hour ago, bwfcfan5 said:

All the idiots crying on twitter are the ones who were clamouring for admin saying how great it would all be.....ironic really. 

What was the alternative to admin then?

17 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

What was the alternative to admin then?

Oh there wasn't an alternative. Don't get me wrong. But they made out like it was all sunshine and roses once in admin - which very clearly it isn't. Delaying going in was wrong in hindsight - but a solvent sale would have saved us from years of pain....

What was Parky doing, talking to administrators about the kids?

Or is this bollocks.

Obviously makes sense on the face of it that offers can't be made; but presumably he's told the accountants who he'd like offers to be made to eventually, even if it's just in the form of an unofficial "stick with us for the time being and we'll sort it" to the youngsters.

Connell and 3 other youngens have been given another years scholarship 

Magnificent news.

Even if it's just to ensure we don't lose them on the cheap.

Superb news, some positivity at last.

Lovely stuff. Not sure how we've managed it in admin but heartening nonetheless!

Just now, kent_white said:

Lovely stuff. Not sure how we've managed it in admin but heartening nonetheless!

Obviously seen by the administrators as a low-cost investment that should bear fruit one way or another.

Bloody hell - good news at last! :good:

Latest scares are about Brockbank so let's hope we can keep him too.

These guys are our future, one way or another - whether they do it on the pitch or we sell them for decent fees.

Let's hope they do it on the pitch when we sell out away in our first game.

16 minutes ago, Traf said:

Obviously seen by the administrators as a low-cost investment that should bear fruit one way or another.

Yeah - I was just under the assumption that it would be a firesale with any asset up for immediate grabs.

14 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Yeah - I was just under the assumption that it would be a firesale with any asset up for immediate grabs.

Be a bit like Asda's "Whoops!" aisle.

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Traf said:

Not sure - we had options to extend them on scholarship contracts - which may have been triggered automatically. I think a lot more is potentially being read into this than it means. Its good news on the face of it - but Connell on a scholarship contract does not strike me as being secured down for the long term - I'd have thought he'd command a pro contract elsewhere. Hopefully though, it is a sign though that things are moving in the right direction. 

Edited by bwfcfan5

51 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Be a bit like Asda's "Whoops!" aisle.

Some bloke going around putting stickers on all the players at about 4pm on a Sunday :)