Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

2 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

He will be pissed out of his face in Marbella 

How the fuck do Kilmarnock take a squad full of lads on a pre season to Marbella yet we are off to Oldham and York 

Get £250,000 just for turning up at Connah’s Quay next week.  

8 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

He will be pissed out of his face in Marbella 

How the fuck do Kilmarnock take a squad full of lads on a pre season to Marbella yet we are off to Oldham and York 

Just shows how utterly shit the management of our club has been.  

• Site Supporter

i guess thats one of the odd things of being a pro keeper. you can actually go through you whole career not actually playing any games. And ive no doubt he wouldnt be paid peanuts as 3rd choice at a prem club.

27 minutes ago, HomerJay said:

i guess thats one of the odd things of being a pro keeper. you can actually go through you whole career not actually playing any games. And ive no doubt he wouldnt be paid peanuts as 3rd choice at a prem club.

I suppose if we get 200k it can be put to use on more pressing areas, like outfield players.

Seems an eternity since we were able to take their manager.

In fact, we have been going in opposite directions since that moment.

15 hours ago, dazl1212 said:

I hope we can keep hold of get the best of of Oz. He would be a massive asset for the team in that league. 

If parkinson is staying he may as well go. he won't be playing. 

On 05/07/2019 at 14:34, HomerJay said:

Steve Harper made a career of it at Newcastle. I’ve just looked at his Wikipedia page and between 98 and 07 he played 31 games for them before starting to get in the team more regularly. But then still only played more than 20 games in a season once. 157 league games over a 20 year period at NUFC.

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Naytch said:

Steve Harper made a career of it at Newcastle. I’ve just looked at his Wikipedia page and between 98 and 07 he played 31 games for them before starting to get in the team more regularly. But then still only played more than 20 games in a season once. 157 league games over a 20 year period at NUFC.

Cudicini at Chelsea was another

6 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

Cudicini at Chelsea was another

Stuart Taylor is the best example. Promising young career at Arsenal making 18 league appearances. Didn’t make more appearances than that at any other club. Spent his career as 2nd/3rd choice making some decent cash I’m sure. 

75 league appearances overall according to Wiki. No doubt on a good earner as he spent three years as 3rd choice at City. 

On 02/07/2019 at 12:17, Big E said:

people need to stop trying to excuse them. he wanted to leave BWFC. fuck him and fuck wheater. we need a complete change. these players are part of the old culture and we need a completely fresh start. 

I’d not excuse the strike but I wouldn’t blame any employee at any level that wanted out after the last season

Not sure about the culture thing - it’s created by folk at the top and filters down. Maybe they were trouble causers, or maybe they were a product of their environment. I’m pretty sure none of us know. 

It appears that Wheater has given an awful lot to the club, and he’s certainly been very active in the community so I’m not sure why you’d jump to assuming the worst. Vela, who knows....

1 hour ago, jules_darby said:

I’d not excuse the strike but I wouldn’t blame any employee at any level that wanted out after the last season

Not sure about the culture thing - it’s created by folk at the top and filters down. Maybe they were trouble causers, or maybe they were a product of their environment. I’m pretty sure none of us know. 

It appears that Wheater has given an awful lot to the club, and he’s certainly been very active in the community so I’m not sure why you’d jump to assuming the worst. Vela, who knows....

the club supported him through bad injuries as well. 

he has tried to leave once and ended coming back when nobody wanted him.  

if he cared so much about the club he would have made the game happen. 

i get he does a lot for the community but that community also now has a team facing an extra deduction in points due to actions of his team. 

2 hours ago, jules_darby said:

Good post

4 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Wheater promised my lad a signed shirt so unless that turns up he’s a cunt 

All yoou need to do is stake out Curleys and Fannys. He appears at both regularly