Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

59 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I assume we cant go giving out 5 year contracts on £20k a week.

Yeh not sure FV are in a position to make huge payouts like that, I'm assuming the plan is to rebuild us, get us back into the Championship and sell.

It's what Anderson wanted to do but was too much of a ****  he put potential buyers off. It seems that way based on sources. 

FV in their statement talk about getting the right sort of players to take the club forward.

Although we need numbers in quickly, we need to ensure we don’t panic buy plus we also leave a new manager some scope to appoint and shape the team.  Don’t want free agents like Rodwell, etc.

3 minutes ago, Okocha10 said:

Bringing in a striker is definitely a priority for me, we seem to lack that presence the last couple of games, think some of young lads have covered well in other area's

Agreed, even if there's just a few thousand to spare for transfers it's got to go on a forward. 

3 minutes ago, TrickyTrotter said:

FV in their statement talk about getting the right sort of players to take the club forward.

Although we need numbers in quickly, we need to ensure we don’t panic buy plus we also leave a new manager some scope to appoint and shape the team.  Don’t want free agents like Rodwell, etc.

We're going to be dealing in free agents. We have to get some in ahead of Saturday - can't leave the kids without experience.

But yes its a rebuild for next season now so don't need to rush too much. Get some in for numbers - get a manager in - let them pick whatever frees they want till January then see where things stand. I'd not be paying out for loans now - save money for next season's promotion charge. 

45 minutes ago, L/H White said:

Mark Davies, still only 31, worth a punt?

Alan Hutton, Ali Al Habsi, Marc Wilson, Stephen Ireland all on there to ha

Josh McEachran, wasn't he touted as the next big thing at Chelsea when he broke through?

We had McEachran on trial over the summer, not really sure what he does, although at league 1 level he could be a decent signing, just don't expect the wonderkid he was supposed to be when he was at Chelsea before his 85 loan spells 😂

41 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

I don't think there is one attacking midfielder or one forward at the club that is 3rd Div standard.If O'Neill comes in we are good for defensive midfielders incl Murphy and Lowe.Attackers has to be the priority in the coming days.

Murphy isn't good enough for L1

2 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Apparently he was in the team at the weekend

Rumour has it that he's made several appearances this season.

Our midfield's best performance so far was v Coventry. Draw your own conclusions from that. I think he's shit.

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Traf said:

Rumour has it that he's made several appearances this season.

Our midfield's best performance so far was v Coventry. Draw your own conclusions from that. I think he's shit.

I agree entirely. That said, perhaps the new gaffer will get a tune from him.