Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

• Site Supporter
51 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Just seen that the Eddie Davies academy only achieved a 3 star food hygiene rating. No wonder a lot of our kids seem a bit weedy. :)

To be fair, that food rating is inspected by some jobsworth who is more interested in things recorded as being done rather than actually being done.

Fridge temperatures - Put a load of dates down the margin or a lined A4 bit of paper and write a number between 2 and 4 degrees C alongside each date. Even miss a few and write NOT CHECKED alongside random dates just for a bit of authenticity. If you do all of that, instant 5 out of 5.

Do all the checking but no recording, automatic 2 out of 5.

• Site Supporter
49 minutes ago, MickyD said:

To be fair, that food rating is inspected by some jobsworth who is more interested in things recorded as being done rather than actually being done.

Fridge temperatures - Put a load of dates down the margin or a lined A4 bit of paper and write a number between 2 and 4 degrees C alongside each date. Even miss a few and write NOT CHECKED alongside random dates just for a bit of authenticity. If you do all of that, instant 5 out of 5.

Do all the checking but no recording, automatic 2 out of 5.

Fair point, but if you can't even be bothered to make shit up well, then expect all the grief you get.

• Members
2 minutes ago, Morizio said:

Heard recently that FV, good people but no money and we are basically still in the shit. 

Hope I’m wrong but I’ve a feeling that this is going to be a very disappointing window. 

Well nothing has changed. They’ve just spent the last 3/4 months sorting the shit they’ve inherited and tried to run a football club, in which they’ve done a good job so far. But there’s no big bag of money and the attendances aren’t bursting. 
Gonna take a while, baby steps and all that.

Get this guy in Muhammadu Faal from the conference look at his goal scoring record & we can get him on a free as well. Sure we had him on trail at some point? Seen some shit link we are linked with probably not correct been linked with a few teams.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Okocha10 said:

Get this guy in Muhammadu Faal from the conference look at his goal scoring record & we can get him on a free as well. Sure we had him on trail at some point? Seen some shit link we are linked with probably not correct been linked with a few teams.

Is he really hot?

3 hours ago, Morizio said:

Heard recently that FV, good people but no money and we are basically still in the shit. 

Hope I’m wrong but I’ve a feeling that this is going to be a very disappointing window. 

I heard recently that we are under a transfer embargo.      

4 hours ago, Morizio said:

See I was told they had more than Eddie so can’t be that poor. They have bought an investment though and won’t be throwing money at it. 

How does anyone know if FV doesn't have any cash? Michael James is a private person and a great business man, he's also good pals with the home bargains guy Morris, Sharon Brittan is also pals with Nick Mason who is also minted, nobody knows if there is any money behind FV and maybe they just prefer to keep their finances private and why shouldn't they?

• Site Supporter

Unfortunately we need a few journeyman to help bring the kids through. 

The last regime was so shite though that even the kids left over probably wont be good enough long term.

I'd quite like to see us move out King-Harmes and White on loan to a non league team to give them games against blokes as these look like they could be ok.

We've got a tough couple of years ahead, it will need patience and understanding.