Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

Mr Hill has more layers than an onion.

"I'm sending all these loanees back, because this club has to stop taking a short-term approach to recruitment and exciting things are about to happen on that front."

Cue Will fucking Buckley. The epitome of the soft cunts who capitulated last season.

For those unsure of my position, I'm not a fan of WB.

11 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

The lad from Hull looks better than chicksen, early days yet but chicksen wasn’t so great, and we’ve Bunney as well. 

He’s not staying though is he. And we aren’t staying up so it’s not going with a forward plan that he talks about

• Site Supporter
10 hours ago, frank_spencer said:

Previous contract could have been more money than the new one too.

This.

Buckley did good when he played centrally before his injury.

Serious lot of moaning about this signing, some folk need wobble their yeds. Fuck all gonna happen this window.

This is still a gimmi season for me. Enjoy the away days and occasional wins.

Soon be next season..

Edited by Ratwhite

12 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Why not?  Last season he was playing in the championship and however bad we think he is, surely he can do a job in Div 2?  He isnt going to be inundated with offers, and if someone like Bradford or Tranmere sign him for Div 2 it would probably be seen as a great signing for that level.  

If he plays more than 5 games till end of the season i'll be shocked, he's always injured. Just don't get the planning of signing a player who Keith Hill deemed not good enough then to bring him back on a deal till end of the season.  If there was any player who should of been brought back it should of been Chicksen instead this shite "We will bring in better players". Then brings in a loan player from Hull who's not our player, where's the planning in that for next season, that's where most of the frustration is coming from.

10 minutes ago, Okocha10 said:

If he plays more than 5 games till end of the season i'll be shocked, he's always injured. Just don't get the planning of signing a player who Keith Hill deemed not good enough then to bring him back on a deal till end of the season.  If there was any player who should of been brought back it should of been Chicksen instead this shite "We will bring in better players". Then brings in a loan player from Hull who's not our player, where's the planning in that for next season, that's where most of the frustration is coming from.

Spot on. Ive given up on this season and so has the club. Be amazed if next season is as rosy as some believe as well. Just how it is 

Hill quote “ “There are certainly players here who know I have been trying to move them on since the word ‘go’ since I got to the club. Some of those players are still on the training pitch, which is making it difficult for me to bring players in. “! Wonder who he is referring to there weren’t that many here when he arrived ? 

2 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

Hill quote “ “There are certainly players here who know I have been trying to move them on since the word ‘go’ since I got to the club. Some of those players are still on the training pitch, which is making it difficult for me to bring players in. “! Wonder who he is referring to there weren’t that many here when he arrived ? 

Lowe, L Murphy, Weir, Matthews and Hall who’s just gone.

That’s it, isn’t it?

So Weir, then.

Am hoping against hope there is a long term plan re recruitment that is being frustrated by our current situation. But Hilly's comments seem different every day. Players hs wants to get rid of, players released, players taken back. Long term planning, short term decisions. Loan players a waste of time then we go and get more loans? 

Hopefully it will all become clear 

28 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

That seems a typical Hilly quote. He says a lot but when you try and break it down it doesnt make sense.

Of the players already here when he rocked up Lowe & Luke Murphy have been 2 of our better ones, Matthews ever present. We already knew he doesnt rate Weir and Hall has shown nothing. So none the wiser

Can I just say that Will Buckley was offered a new contract when his old one expired it was a pay as you play deal which he rejected maybe he has had a change of heart but it’s no good saying we got rid now he’s back that’s not true we wanted to keep him he rejected the deal but has now had second thoughts to me Buckley did well against Sunderland did well along with COG when they came on against Burton for me deserves a chance to see if he can stay clear of injuries he might do ok

9 minutes ago, Chrisj said:

Can I just say that Will Buckley was offered a new contract when his old one expired it was a pay as you play deal which he rejected maybe he has had a change of heart but it’s no good saying we got rid now he’s back that’s not true we wanted to keep him he rejected the deal but has now had second thoughts to me Buckley did well against Sunderland did well along with COG when they came on against Burton for me deserves a chance to see if he can stay clear of injuries he might do ok

I agree, if he did stay fit and he signed for league 2 campaign good chance he’d be voted into the league 2 best team of next season. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Chrisj said:

theres no such thing as pay-as-you-play

7 minutes ago, HomerJay said:

theres no such thing as pay-as-you-play

Pay as you pay is like a sound bite from our manager. Doesnt stand up to analysis. 

He will be taking one of the 23 places whether he plays or not. Thats why its a no from me.

2 hours ago, enzo gambaro said:

Aye. He’s started 14 games, though - doesn’t suggest he’s wanted shut since he got here.

He's picked him when he's had to but never when he hasn't. He's probably behind Edwards in the pecking order and Hill's previously expressed his frustration with him. I think he's a prime candidate unfortunately.

3 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

He's picked him when he's had to but never when he hasn't. He's probably behind Edwards in the pecking order and Hill's previously expressed his frustration with him. I think he's a prime candidate unfortunately.

Definately on Hills list along with Weir & possibly Murphy L although the latter has been inconsistant he's not completely gash imo.Lowe shouldnt be on it but you never know.

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I agree. Can't see Zouma being around too much longer. Unless Keith is no longer in charge.