Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

Good hard working player Darcy but he is 19 not 16. He does not stand out and was he better than clough at 19.

Connell has played two under 20 games for  Celtic. He would be better penning a new deal with us and getting 50 games under his belt before  thinking he has  hit the big time.

Edited by masi 51

48 minutes ago, masi 51 said:

Good hard working player Darcy but he is 19 not 16. He does not stand out and was he better than clough at 19.

Connell has played two under 20 games for  Celtic. He would be better penning a new deal with us and getting 50 games under his belt before  thinking he has  hit the big time.

They are really impressed with Connel & the plan up there is to add him to the matchday squad over the next few months .We will see .

1 hour ago, masi 51 said:

Doidge hit one goal in 17 for us. He has fourteen goals in Scotland this season including two hat tricks. Easy to please up in Scotland.

For what its worth I think Connel is a country mile better a player than Darcy.

Not quite the full story, that. Let’s not forget that Doidge spent the second half of last season banging them in at our current level. He did also struggle initially at Hibs but stuck with it and, now that it’s clicked, he’s scoring a real variety of goals and has improved his all-round play massively. This snobbery about the level of football up there is absolute tosh. 

I reckon you’re spot on in your Connell-Darcy comparison though, if nothing else based on their progress at their relative ages. 

1 hour ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Not quite the full story, that. Let’s not forget that Doidge spent the second half of last season banging them in at our current level. He did also struggle initially at Hibs but stuck with it and, now that it’s clicked, he’s scoring a real variety of goals and has improved his all-round play massively. This snobbery about the level of football up there is absolute tosh. 

I reckon you’re spot on in your Connell-Darcy comparison though, if nothing else based on their progress at their relative ages. 

Spot on mate. There are some decent players playing in scotland. To put it in perspective for me the likes of ayr,dunfermline etc would give us in our current guise a right going over without a doubt 

people need to remove their heads from up there arses in This regard and stop taking about stuff that in reality they have fuck all knowledge of

Edited by Escobarp

"Able to operate as a centre-back or box-to-box midfield, Bryan has been praised for his vision and passing ability, as well as for his long-range shots and penalty-taking."

That's Wikipedia's take on him, scored twice in 44 games so I've less faith in his long range shooting and penalty taking than some seem to have.

4 minutes ago, burnden said:

About 44 in League 1 for Bury and Oldham

Ok cheers, he should know what's required at this level then.

Watching his interview earlier up this page, is he trying to fit as many "Yeh definitely"(s) as he can in 5 minutes? 😂

A positive lad,i wish him all the best.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

2 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

That's one of the most unreadable sites i've ever seen, adverts galore, nearly as bad as the BN.

Most seem to think there's a Championship player in there somewhere.

Only one said that; most said he was shit and injury prone which is what we bring in at the moment

Not enthusiastic at all and I bet he is more interested being nearer his bint