Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I think people are forgetting how good Darcy is.  In our situation he'd be a massive signing and guarantee of transfer income in future.  Obviously getting the best manager we can is vital but we've got virtually zero valuable players and keeping Darcy would be huge.

Darcy's come through our system when we were a much better club than we are now. He's clearly got some talent. If your 'meh' about keeping him,  who the feck do you think we'll be in the market for? Great deal if we can keep the lad.

Edited by RoadRunnerFan

35 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I think people are forgetting how good Darcy is.  In our situation he'd be a massive signing and guarantee of transfer income in future.  Obviously getting the best manager we can is vital but we've got virtually zero valuable players and keeping Darcy would be huge.

Agreed.  If he was to start a new season well, we'd have a much needed asset that we could potentially flog in the transfer window.

35 minutes ago, Rudy said:

He’ll be great in league 2

Agreed. Darcy, Politic, Sonny Graham etc are just the kind of players we need to take this club forward -  young,fresh and with a point to prove. I’d hate to see us build a team around old  knackered journeymen.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

• Site Supporter
16 hours ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

Darcy's come through our system when we were a much better club than we are now. He's clearly got some talent. If your 'meh' about keeping him,  who the feck do you think we'll be in the market for? Great deal if we can keep the lad.

Absolutely. A great looking prospect and I'd love us to keep him.

I would say however, that he can't be buggering the club about.

He's had plenty of time, so either put pen to paper or go and allow the club time to recruit someone else.

Fwiw, I wouldn't be at all surprised if some of the players have more than half an eye on the managerial situation.

I would sign Chicksen back for next season, thought he was one of our better players before he left and as far as i know he's not signed up anywhere else as yet?

We need to keep the likes of Darcy and Politic and get the likes of Brockbank and Edwards more involved as well next season, also lets have a look at Faal!

Edited by Norpig
spelling

7 minutes ago, Norpig said:

I would sign Chicksen back for next season, thought he was one of our better players before he left and as far as i know he's not signed up anywhere else as yet?

We need to keep the likes of Darcy and Politic and get the likes of Brockbank and Edwards more involved as well next season, also lets have a look at Faal!

Nice to see you've crossed over to the dark side, no fuehrers here neither.

Mad isn’t it. People constantly yearn for a team full of local lads / homegrown players yet when we start to drop them in others aren’t arsed whether they stay or go 

can never win 

the Darcy’s, Politic’s & Brockbanks should be the fulcrum of the team moving forward. Whether we succeed or fail in our aims over the next couple of years I’d rather do it with them than some end of the road pro’s 

young vibrant talent who know actually feel what the club has gone through and determined to get it back to where it needs to be supported by some experience is the way for me 

There's a massive chance now for someone to build a team with a core of young players who have come through our system and who we could hopefully keep together as we move forwards. If we don't go up straight away they will probably get ripped to bits though as is the way of things.

Looking at the managers of the teams who went up - Richie Wellens, Ryan Lowe and David Artell - all about 40 and on their first/second job

More 'established' managers like Graham Alexander, Stuart McCall and Ian Holloway failed in promotion

That said, I've never heard of most of the managers in League 2 so not sure it really matters

Edited by jmjhb

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, jmjhb said:

Looking at the managers of the teams who went up - Richie Wellens, Ryan Lowe and David Artell - all about 40 and on their first/second job

More 'established' managers like Graham Alexander, Stuart McCall and Ian Holloway failed in promotion

I'd take Holloway over any of them given his record, not that I'm saying I want Holloway

I can't think of anyone, and I'm not that arsed really