Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Transfer Gossip


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jake Wright was the defensive organiser (very aware of what’s going on, always talking, shouting, pointing) in our league one promotion year and is actually bit of a legend at Bramall Lane after his r

Disappointed a few I know but how would you be on a day like today? Brilliant sunshine in mid Winter - at 9am received just over $6K as my share of a football punters club kitty which we decided to sh

I hope your cold gets better

Posted Images

Just now, Casino said:

Id suggest better qualified judges than you reckon youre talking shite

Maybe they dont work as a pair, but theyve both played plenty games at a better level than we find ourselves at

Id be pleasantly surprised if weve signed owt better, today

 

Nobody is more qualified.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter

Overall where we are etc think we have done ok with a view to next season .

Not too mithered about Bridcutt due to injury problems & CB delusions ( not his)

Mellis is decent , winger at least leftsided should give us some balance .

Defence will be a bit taller next year as well !! ( Bunney & Delaney) ....sounds like either a seventies folk combo or a shite all female tv detective series of similar decade.

Oh & ps get off Lowe's back does the shitty jobs just like Roy Greaves did & got nowt but bitching from the terraces.

 

 

 

 

Edited by Take Hunt Off
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Overall where we are etc think we have done ok with a view to next season .

Not too mithered about Bridcutt due to injury problems & CB delusions ( not his)

Mellis is decent , winger at least leftsided should give us some balance .

Defence will be a bit taller next year as well !! ( Bunney & Delaney) ....sounds like either a seventies folk combo or a shite all female tv detective series of similar decade.

Oh & ps get off Lowe's back does the shitty jobs just like Roy Greaves did & got nowt but bitching from the terraces.

 

 

 

 

Roy Greaves/Jason Lowe isn't a bad comparison to make. Greaves was a better player and chipped in with more goals. But they're a similar style. 

Hopefully the new players are looking to make a name for themselves to win contracts with us or others and that'll help us get some results between now and May. We're getting relegated to the pressure is off in that regard. Irrespective it's always enjoyable to chalk up results against the likes of the bindippers today and Blackpool later in the month.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter

I quite like Lowe. There, I’ve said it. I reckon he’s well worth his spot and would be very happy to have him as one of our experienced old heads next season.

The days of us signing ‘exciting, well known’ players is over for the next few years. If our next few permanent signings are good enough to arrest the slide and at least make us competitive, that will do for me.

Lets face it, until the embargo is over with, we are treading water. The tide will turn though, water finds its natural level. We’ll be back in at least the championship before the end of the decade

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

I quite like Lowe. There, I’ve said it. I reckon he’s well worth his spot and would be very happy to have him as one of our experienced old heads next season.

The days of us signing ‘exciting, well known’ players is over for the next few years. If our next few permanent signings are good enough to arrest the slide and at least make us competitive, that will do for me.

Lets face it, until the embargo is over with, we are treading water. The tide will turn though, water finds its natural level. We’ll be back in at least the championship before the end of the decade

That's the crux of it - saw some dickhead on Twitter bemoaning how we "lost out" on Bridcutt to Lincoln and what a disgrace that is/was.

I'd wager they're a much more attractive option than us on many many different levels at the moment.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not getting the Lowe bashing, the guy has stuck with us all season, he's the fittest lad in the squad, he can play in a number of positions and he gives 100%, and at this level it's all we ask.

What Lowe needs is someone capable playing at the side of him who can get forward and bag some goals and maybe contribute one or two himself.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Casino said:

Id suggest better qualified judges than you reckon youre talking shite

Maybe they dont work as a pair, but theyve both played plenty games at a better level than we find ourselves at

Id be pleasantly surprised if weve signed owt better, today

 

Spot fucking on 👌

Link to post
Share on other sites

There’s always gotta be a scapegoat hasn’t there. Jesus 

but I suggest a guy who was one of the very few who stuck around, stayed professional. Kept his counsel, didn’t complain when he had the captaincy taken off him and given to a loan player and has actually been the most consistent performer we’ve had over the course of a very dismal season shouldn’t be it 

yes he’s limited at certain levels. But he’s actually quite decent at this one. Lowe isn’t the problem. It’s everyone else around him in the midfield 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Correct

people slating Lowe know jack about the game 

And probably the same people who think we should still be watching Okocha, Djorkaeff, Stelios, Hiero, Campo...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kane57 said:

That's the crux of it - saw some dickhead on Twitter bemoaning how we "lost out" on Bridcutt to Lincoln and what a disgrace that is/was.

I'd wager they're a much more attractive option than us on many many different levels at the moment.

I would imagine the only "attractive option" that counts to modern day footballers/clubs is ££££££, and because of embargo that ruled us out

Link to post
Share on other sites

Lowe does give 100 percent but shouldn’t that be what’s expected of anyone ? If not they shouldn’t be here . Ability wise he is average at best with no pace and doesn’t seem very vocal on the pitch when captain  don’t rate him 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.