Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

3 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Great news that, well chuffed. And a very positive message to send to a new manager too, here's one of your main assets and he wont be leaving without a fight from us for a while.

Anyone think he might have been hanging on till he knew who the new manager was going to be?

4 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Anyone think he might have been hanging on till he knew who the new manager was going to be?

Maybe but I think the interest in him fizzled out due to the pandemic, if he'd continued as he was going until the end of the season maybe he would have had more options. Glad he's stayed though whatever his reasoning, we need to start getting value out of our players!

10 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Quite possibly. I dont think weve heard the last about Hill either from himself or from players' comments after June is up.

Next up, manager, then an announcement about the club's direction and ST plans then a signing per day for a fortnight, cup run, promotion and chill.

31 minutes ago, Mantra said:

Politic, Faal*, Dodoo*

Darcy, Crawford*, Lowe*

Bunney, Zouma*, Delaney, Emmanuel*

Remi*

Not a bad place to start at for League 2.

*Players that may not be starters or sign back on.

Delaney ??  Looked him up & he played 4 games & scored 1, but i don't remember him at all. Was he any good ?

& I thought Darcy might do a "Connell ", & i wonder if it's just a coincidence that he signs as soon as Hill goes, but great news whatever.

5 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

Delaney ??  Looked him up & he played 4 games & scored 1, but i don't remember him at all. Was he any good ?

& I thought Darcy might do a "Connell ", & i wonder if it's just a coincidence that he signs as soon as Hill goes, but great news whatever.

He's a bloody big bugger, not too bad on the ball but no one looked that great by the time he was in the team. I think he'll do well at L2 level.

1 hour ago, Mantra said:

Politic, Faal*, Dodoo*

Darcy, Crawford*, Lowe*

Remi*

Crawford, Lowe, Zouma, Emmanuel, Remi just dont belong to us any more.  Completely different to Darcy who's local and from the youth set up, and who the club know is a saleable asset in future.  The others passed through and the new manager wont have a clue who most of them are.  And out of those only Zouma is arguably a Div 2 player, the others will get Div 1.

Just on Faal, I hope he's brilliant for us, but I feel like he's not going to get a look in with the new manager.  They have no excuse not to sign tried and tested Div 2 strikers, given that we are the big fish in that league.  Which manager is going to put his reputation on the line using a player from the 7th tier in such a crucial position.  Faal's best bet is to go to wherever Hill ends up, we might even get a small fee.

Just now, Johnnyrotten said:

Just on Faal, I hope he's brilliant for us, but I feel like he's not going to get a look in with the new manager.  They have no excuse not to sign tried and tested Div 2 strikers, given that we are the big fish in that league.  Which manager is going to put his reputation on the line using a player from the 7th tier in such a crucial position.  Faal's best bet is to go to wherever Hill ends up, we might even get a small fee.

I fon't think Faal was Hill's signing.

You might be right there. I'd be amazed if he starts 5 games for us, in fact I'd be amazed if he starts a league game given the trend for playing 1 up front.  These days a striker has to be a decent winger if he wants games (Dodoo, O'Grady the most recent examples) and that means tracking back and helping the full back, Faal isnt going to be given that role by a manager that's never heard of him.

1 hour ago, Mantra said:

Politic, Faal*, Dodoo*

Darcy, Crawford*, Lowe*

Remi*

Does Bunney's contract not run out at the end of the month ?

29 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

You might be right there. I'd be amazed if he starts 5 games for us, in fact I'd be amazed if he starts a league game given the trend for playing 1 up front.  These days a striker has to be a decent winger if he wants games (Dodoo, O'Grady the most recent examples) and that means tracking back and helping the full back, Faal isnt going to be given that role by a manager that's never heard of him.

He doesn't need to have heard of him. 

The new manager will see him day in, day out at training and will be able to suss out if he thinks he's good enough or not.

Hill said he was miles away from being ready, but then again Hill was a cock who spouted all kinds of bullshit, therefore none of us have any idea if he's good enough or not yet.

Edited by DazBob