Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

1 minute ago, barrycowdrill said:

But we would’ve had to prove we could afford an avg of £1500 per week anyway right at the beginning? 

but upon each signing show there is still scope in that pre agreed / approved budget for it.. 

yeah i think so. 

as long as we can prove we can balance the books its sound.

6 minutes ago, Big E said:

we can pay whatever we want as long as we are within budget. there is no cap 

Where have you go this from? I always thought we had a cap per player other than those on existing contracts where they were excluded 

• Site Supporter
43 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Just wondering how this all fits in with our embargo.  If our max is £1500 a week (or whatever), that's £1500 that's based on the income we must have projected when proving to the EFL that we have funds to get through the season.  Surely if the EFL want assurances that we arent going to go into admin again, our spending power is now reduced due to no guaranteed gate income for the foresseable (same applies to Macc).  Whatever we could "afford" before, we can afford less now, but we seem to be committing to relatively big wages/contracts.  If it was Ken giving out the contracts and not FV, I'd be getting very concerned, can we assume FV have got more reserves of funds than we know about?

Why would the efl want assurances we won't go into admin again?

We are in the same boat as all the others with regard to covid problems, and probably better placed than most to cope, as we have so few players.

• Site Supporter

Players these days do look after themselves a lot better than they used to. He’ll still be 2 years younger than Murphy is now at the end of his deal.

No sell on fee but if he bags the goals to send us up, it’s good business

not a chance of a 3 year deal but it is obvious that our owners want us out of this league.

Faal will learn from watching him day in day out in training...Doyle is  clever.

Knows his standard knows his limitations.

Edited by masi 51

2 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Looks like he has good movement off the ball, up to Darcy, Politic and Crawford to load the bullets. 

Seems to finish just as confidently with left foot as he does with his right.  And can head a ball with direction.  I was going to say when did we last have a striker like that but to be fair Murphy was a good finisher.  Doyle seems very sharp, not just a poacher, some great powerful shots from edge of box.  (So much for wanting to go back to Dublin asap if he's after a 3 year deal).

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Biggish Dave said:

Players these days do look after themselves a lot better than they used to. He’ll still be 2 years younger than Murphy is now at the end of his deal.

No sell on fee but if he bags the goals to send us up, it’s good business

That's true, 32 is not too old for a forward in L2. Experience will see him through, the hardest part will be keeping fit I think. If he can he'll score some goals. 

Good news for ST sales too.

It's another great signing.

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Why would the efl want assurances we won't go into admin again?

We are in the same boat as all the others with regard to covid problems, and probably better placed than most to cope, as we have so few players.

When we came out of admin we had to be placed under embargo, limiting our spending to make sure we were living within our means, which we clearly werent previously.  I'll all for it, thank god we werent lumbered with expensive contracts by Hill.  The reason we are better placed to cope than others is because we havent signed players yet, in 2 months time we might have made a dozen signings on half decent money.  So who's checking we can afford them?  The owners could walk out in 3 months and with no gate income that's the end of us.  I'm being over dramatic, that's not going to happen, but the question its a valid question - how can any club under embargo afford the same amount under Covid conditions that they said they could afford before?  The goalposts have moved but we've got the green light to carry on as if nothing's changed and I want to know we'll still have a club in a year.

12 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

When we came out of admin we had to be placed under embargo, limiting our spending to make sure we were living within our means, which we clearly werent previously.  I'll all for it, thank god we werent lumbered with expensive contracts by Hill.  The reason we are better placed to cope than others is because we havent signed players yet, in 2 months time we might have made a dozen signings on half decent money.  So who's checking we can afford them?  The owners could walk out in 3 months and with no gate income that's the end of us.  I'm being over dramatic, that's not going to happen, but the question its a valid question - how can any club under embargo afford the same amount under Covid conditions that they said they could afford before?  The goalposts have moved but we've got the green light to carry on as if nothing's changed and I want to know we'll still have a club in a year.

Our only professionals on the book are:

Crawford

Darcy

Politic

Brockbank

Senior

Alexander

Faal

Delaney

Edwards

Thomasson

King-Harmes

Graham

I’d say Jason lowe’s wage wouldn’t be far way from all them combined, There’s plenty of spending to do yet.

2 minutes ago, Tommy9322 said:

Our only professionals on the book are:

Crawford

Darcy

Politic

Brockbank

Senior

Alexander

Faal

Delaney

Edwards

Thomasson

King-Harmes

Graham

I’d say Jason lowe’s wage wouldn’t be far way from all them combined, There’s plenty of spending to do yet.

If we’re paying lowe similar to what we’re paying them collectively then  thank fuck his contracts up. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

32 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Not for me with the postman. Thought he was great for us but his time has been. If Evatt likes the wing back type, I’d have Emmanuel back

Bit unsure myself, love the bloke & his performances last time but unsure if he could replicate it all again.