Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Transfer Gossip

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jake Wright was the defensive organiser (very aware of what’s going on, always talking, shouting, pointing) in our league one promotion year and is actually bit of a legend at Bramall Lane after his r

Disappointed a few I know but how would you be on a day like today? Brilliant sunshine in mid Winter - at 9am received just over $6K as my share of a football punters club kitty which we decided to sh

I hope your cold gets better

Posted Images

18 hours ago, Big E said:

I didn’t think we were in for him so that’s pretty grim if we didn’t win over salford

Not really. They have more immediate money available and no restrictions embargo etc than us at moment. It will happen but hopefully wont hold us back too much . 

• Site Supporter
On 08/08/2020 at 08:17, meanderson93 said:

Without trying to sound too offensive... 

I always genuinely thought Noel Hunt had an extra chromosome. 

Damian Duff definitely did.

33 minutes ago, Chrisj said:

Politics potentially out for season just been told suffered knee injury in today’s game 

Well that's a disaster, Politic should have had a big say for us this season, we definitely need to bring in another attacking player if Politic is out for a considerable amount of time.

To be fair to Vaughan he's scored 76 goals in 242 games in last 8 years  in tiers 2, 3 and 4, he was a 1 in 3 scorer consistently till he left Bury.  Yes he's past his best but he's had a good career, wouldn't have minded him here at his peak in place of some of the "strikers" we've had.

24 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

I’d have D Murphy back myself if he’d be happy playing back up 

Can’t defend from the front, can’t run in behind, no thx. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

My Everton supporting brother in law doesnt like Vaughan reckons hes sn arrogant twonk with a bad attitude. Reason why hes had so many clubs and McCall looks like hes glad to get shut of big earner

Given that and his age massive no from me. plus like BD never rated him meself

I think Vaughan has looked quality against us over the years myself. A really good hold up player. Beckford’s return for Huddersfield (immediately before he joined us) was largely down to him I reckon.

Would’ve certainly had him over Delfouneso given the chance, but happy to give the Fonz an opportunity to impress now. 

1 hour ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Vaughan scored 20 goals in 4 years.... shit return

Scored 45 since August 2016.  Did have a dry spell for a couple of years but that I think that was in championship with struggling teams (Sunderland and Wigan).

5 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Scored 45 since August 2016.  Did have a dry spell for a couple of years but that I think that was in championship with struggling teams (Sunderland and Wigan).

2017–2018 Sunderland 23 (2)
2018–2019 Wigan Athletic 38 (5)
2019  Portsmouth (loan) 10 (0)
2019–2020 Bradford City 25 (11)
2020  Tranmere Rovers (loan) 8 (3)
2020– Tranmere Rovers 0 (0