Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

10 minutes ago, Rudy said:

I’m telling you now if Doyle plays the no.9 role I promise you he will get more goals. He’s a 20 goal a season player, but he’s coming far too deep. He gets the ball deep gets it out wide and then we’ve no one up top. I’d play one up top with Sarc in the hole. If we got a bulkier midfield. 

Santos for me as the middle one of the back 3, wins everything in the air, corners should be man to man because zonal which sometimes we play as doesn’t work 

@radcliffewhite1 I think politic would have been great for him

I said drop Fonz months ago and got shot down but sarc and Darcy behind Doyle would be far better. Tutte plus another like him as a solid defensive midfield two and we would be ok defensively. 

On 21/12/2020 at 00:23, Dr. Feelgood said:

His cousin had another technique. It entailed carrying an axe & hitting people in the head with it.

Half brother not cousin.

I reckon Barton breaks the gents' agreement and kicks his adversary in the nuts.

He mainly picks on kids or pissed up - suprised Hughes didn't snap him in two.

Are we still in for Hughes?

Convicted paedophile Adam Johnson has been out a while.

Last seen dressed like a tart in a park with his thick sister.

Unsubstantiated reports claim convicted paedo Johnson frequents the park and 'interferes' with underage wildlife; squirrels, hedgehogs, badgers and magpies.

In the worst possible way.

I thought he'd turn up in the Indian Premier League.

Then he could 'interfere' with underage mongoose, cobras, monkeys and elephants. Alledgedly.

Evatt reducing incoming expectations in todays Evening News.

Saying players he wants may be hostage at their own clubs while they do their own business, so are more likely to be available late rather than early.

There's some logic to that but we could do with 2 positions filling asap.

If the replacement keeper isn't parked outsude The Reebok at 9am on New Year's Day it'll be a poor show. He, Shirley, has that one lined up.

Edited by Dr. Feelgood

Agree he is ‘dampening down ‘expectations .We can’t expect top shelf but got to avoid the ‘promising ‘ non league variety.Must have sourced  a goalie & lwb by now.Fingers crossed.

Doesn’t mention Kieron Lee , maybe other clubs interested in him .

Just don’t want him to end up at Wiggin.

I'm not expecting much.......first we've got to try & unload a few & there's not going to be any mad rush for them, and then we're mostly just looking to recruit from others' rejects. Keiron Lee is probably the best we can hope for & he's injury prone.

Next summer is going to be the crucial transfer window.

3 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Well this is where he earns his money 

For me we can make no signings or 5 great signings in January and either way he earns his money by getting the most out of who's here on 1st Feb.  That's where he's got to prove himself.  We could sign Roberto Carlos and it would seem like he's cracked it, but he gets injured in Feb and we're back to square 1.  Except if he's a good manager, in which case he makes the available players work to their max.