Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Transfer Gossip


Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Makes sense seeing as we already have our first choice left back (John) for the rest of the season - he just needs a week or 2 to get back fit.

If this new lad can do a job there until then, but was brought in for the midfield options mainly, then it’s an added bonus.

Stockport mate reckons he’s pacey with a decent cross but prone to the odd fuck up in defence so better left midfield.

When I said ‘we’ were linked he was surprised as he thought I meant Chorley...as if I needed a reminder how far we’ve fallen 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jake Wright was the defensive organiser (very aware of what’s going on, always talking, shouting, pointing) in our league one promotion year and is actually bit of a legend at Bramall Lane after his r

Disappointed a few I know but how would you be on a day like today? Brilliant sunshine in mid Winter - at 9am received just over $6K as my share of a football punters club kitty which we decided to sh

Big Wednesday fan here. Kieran Lee has been one hell of a player for us. I’d actually say he’s been our best player since we got relegated from the premier league in 2000. Only problem is that we

Posted Images

Jackson is another Marple Hall lad like Lockett but a year older.

Mate of mine - Simon Ainge played with him at Darlo a couple of years back ans said "good player, quick and good left foot", so fingers crossed

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
2 hours ago, jules_darby said:

Jackson is another Marple Hall lad like Lockett but a year older.

Mate of mine - Simon Ainge played with him at Darlo a couple of years back ans said "good player, quick and good left foot", so fingers crossed

Impressed today. Happy to use his right peg too, even if he sliced a couple.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Evatt suggesting that he wants two more "experienced heads" in before the deadline a week on Monday. 

I have a feeling we could well see another on top of those, depending who we can shift out. 

What are our priority areas? I would probably say a GK and an alternative Striker option who offers something different to Doyle/Delfouneso are must haves. On the back of recent performances, I think a Centre Half could also be on the cards which seems strange having sent Taft out on loan. Was he really worse than what Delaney's performances have been of late? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Traf said:

Doing really well in the U-18's or whatever they are

Local lad as well.... I think, remember when he came on v Cov, his whole family were buzzing, if he's good enough, get him in, surely lads like him and Regan Riley cannot do any worse than some of these we have on our books, also they will play without fear and plenty of enthusiasm, we are missing that mix.

Edited by Mr Grey
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Local lad as well.... I think, remember when he came on v Cov, his whole family were buzzing, if he's good enough, get him in, surely lads like him and Regan Riley cannot do any worse than some of these we have on our books, also they will play without fear and plenty of enthusiasm, we are missing that mix.

Lockett is another Marple lad like our new loan signing from Hudds. So maybe not Bolton local but from one of our strongholds 😎🏼

Seems he’s been our standout u18 so far but to be expected as he was the young’un picked in that Cov match 

From what we’ve seen he isn’t ready physically for 1st team contention with us right now, but that doesn’t mean he wouldn’t be coveted for the future - here or elsewhere.

Wouldn't surprise me if vultures surround our young stars as we are in div 4 and that’s what happens, but he ain’t about to go and rip it up somewhere else at our level or above right now

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jules_darby said:

Lockett is another Marple lad like our new loan signing from Hudds. So maybe not Bolton local but from one of our strongholds 😎🏼

Seems he’s been our standout u18 so far but to be expected as he was the young’un picked in that Cov match 

From what we’ve seen he isn’t ready physically for 1st team contention with us right now, but that doesn’t mean he wouldn’t be coveted for the future - here or elsewhere.

Wouldn't surprise me if vultures surround our young stars as we are in div 4 and that’s what happens, but he ain’t about to go and rip it up somewhere else at our level or above right now

 

 

Fair points, but the players we have now aren't ripping up trees, a couple of rookies with no fear could bring out the best in others, the older experienced lads would thrive off it and vice-versa, and they'd gain valuable experience.

Something will have to give sooner or later and if it's another season in L2, I'd take that gamble now, there ways football is at the moment, it's worth the risk and weve got fuck all to lose.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

Fair points, but the players we have now aren't ripping up trees, a couple of rookies with no fear could bring out the best in others, the older experienced lads would thrive off it and vice-versa, and they'd gain valuable experience.

Something will have to give sooner or later and if it's another season in L2, I'd take that gamble now, there ways football is at the moment, it's worth the risk and weve got fuck all to lose.

He (and others) played in the Sherpa Van this season and showed they aren’t ready 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.