Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, Rudy said:

Be happy with that if his wages aren’t high

Not sure he's likely to get offered a playing contract. Seems he's just training with us to keep fit whilst he gets himself fixed up.

A player/coaching role maybe, but at 38, can't see him being a main part of the squad. 

11 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Not sure he's likely to get offered a playing contract. Seems he's just training with us to keep fit whilst he gets himself fixed up.

A player/coaching role maybe, but at 38, can't see him being a main part of the squad. 

Maybe a Gary Oneil type 

36 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Poor taffy twats!

Ooooh. My nearest ground. I'll try to go as often as I've done before .... which is none in 10+ years.

They seem to believe they will have money to spend ... I doubt they will, in real terms. Good ground and returning, after training of playing fields, to return to a truly state of the art training facility owned by the Welsh FA.

14 years they've been in the Conference now. There's a big, latent, support but most are Stretford, Bin-Dipper #1 or Bin-Dipper #2 tv fans who have Wxm as their 'second club'.

Capable of quite large gates if they sort yhemselves out.

But the 2 Hollywood guys have taken it over for the laughs. They'll get bored in due course.

I'm not sure they'll enjoy Parkie's style.

16 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Agreed, if he wants that.

But squad size limits matter & he'll consume one of those.

If he lands hete he'll bring something to the party, but if he doesn't, or expects werk-in, week-out selection then maybe not.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, SirNatsDog said:

Not the greatest CV and another of Ian’s “Old Pals Act” signings but let’s give Sam a good welcome and hope he makes a success of his new role.

Great CV's are written, not awarded.

• 3 weeks later...

I actually quite liked the look of Greenidge, big, powerful, quick and seemed a good header of the ball. Yes he was raw but in fairness he wasn’t really given many chances and others in front of him pretty much cemented their places. I hope he does well on loan at Barnet and maybe well enough to get a second shot here?