Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Prefab Houses

tomski

Great idea. Great concept. But there is a problem. Housebuilders are too fucking thick to embrace change.

Why the fuck it still takes 24 weeks to build a house in a field when in the same time you can get 30 storeys high in steel and concrete in the middle of a city centre I'll never understand.

Great idea. Great concept. But there is a problem. Housebuilders are too fucking thick to embrace change.

Why the fuck it still takes 24 weeks to build a house in a field when in the same time you can get 30 storeys high in steel and concrete in the middle of a city centre I'll never understand.

Deffo sounds interesting. This report was saying it would reduce the cost of a build from 1k a square metre to £400. Obviously I haven't a clue but it seems interesting

Deffo sounds interesting. This report was saying it would reduce the cost of a build from 1k a square metre to £400. Obviously I haven't a clue but it seems interesting

Horshit mate. We've not built houses at £50ft2 for 20 years. It saves time but not much cost. Plenty timber frames units going up but that's where prefer starts and stops. For example hotels have a full bathroom imported as a pod from places like Poland. Lifted in, connect the plumbing and wiring and it's done. 10 a day installed when we worked on a park Inn.

Horshit mate. We've not built houses at £50ft2 for 20 years. It saves time but not much cost. Plenty timber frames units going up but that's where prefer starts and stops. For example hotels have a full bathroom imported as a pod from places like Poland. Lifted in, connect the plumbing and wiring and it's done. 10 a day installed when we worked on a park Inn.

Thanks. I thought it sounded a bit radical Edited by tomski