Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Graham Taylor

miamiwhite

I have that documentary on VHS somewhere, Phil Neal blames it for killing his managerial career.

You see a lot of players selected by Graham Taylor in the "worse England XI" pieces that papers and web sites go with when they have space to fill. IMO he had a poor pool to select from, David White, Andy Sinton, Carlton Palmer etc weren't keeping a host of world beaters out of the team. 

After the Wolves playoff game we were heading back to Worcester and saw the Wolves team bus; my mate was hanging out the passenger window taking the piss out of Taylor who eventually got so angry he was banging on the glass and giving the v signs; so funny.

72 is no age to bite the dust these days and like many have said he came across as a decent guy

RIP Graham

Reading through the BBC piece on him, I'm so far counting up seven promotions. That's some record. Very good pundit too.

He sometimes gets criticism for his reactions on the touchline against Holland, but to me it just showed him as being a passionate Englishman who could see we were being robbed blind. I'd probably react the same myself. How Koeman wasn't sent off I'll never know.

Edited by Adlington Trotter

I can still see Des Walker running round in circles in Norway chasing after Lars Bohienian.

Sure they only showed the second half of that on TV and the first half on radio.

Unless my mum was winding us all up so she could watch Corrie.

I can still see Des Walker running round in circles in Norway chasing after Lars Bohienian.

Sure they only showed the second half of that on TV and the first half on radio.

Seem to remember Chris Woods fucking up in goal as well

• Moderators

RIP

I seem to recall someone throwing a turnip at him at Burnden when he managed Wolves? Did that happen or am I making it up

Seem to remember someone doing similar at bramhall lane and he tried getting in the stand to make a citizens arrest

Spot on with only showing the second half. I remember even as a nine year old thinking that was weird.