Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Hunting Cats (In The Home)

madthatter

Fucked if I'm taking a bed to Bristol

Thanks Youri :)

And  . . . er . . . thanks TM ;) 

Not just a bed we need, our shower sealant leaked over the weekend and for the 2nd time in 2 years it looks like we need the kitchen ceiling redone due to water damage.

Insurance wont pay out this time - not the best of timing but when is?

Will accept labour, cash and any other donations  :D

Our cat smuggled a largish bird past the daughter who was looking after the house while we were away and hid it behind the TV. We didn't go in that room for about a week after we got back. Flies flying everywhere when we opened the door!! Took 3 days "hoovering" them up to get rid!!

Our cat has a thing about small rabbits and brings live ones in regularly, about nine in total since we got her in March and leaves them in the kitchen. One exception was a couple of months ago when I could smell an unpleasant niff when in bed.  Underneath was a dead one probably been there for over a week stinking. The little sod regularly brings in shrews, mice and voles - usually dead.  Birds get killed and eaten outside.  She has a large bell on her collar but it makes no difference to the kill rate. Verbally bollocking her when caught in the act usually slows her down for a bit.

Our cat has a thing about small rabbits and brings live ones in regularly, about nine in total since we got her in March and leaves them in the kitchen. One exception was a couple of months ago when I could smell an unpleasant niff when in bed.  Underneath was a dead one probably been there for over a week stinking. The little sod regularly brings in shrews, mice and voles - usually dead.  Birds get killed and eaten outside.  She has a large bell on her collar but it makes no difference to the kill rate. Verbally bollocking her when caught in the act usually slows her down for a bit.

As I understand it they're gifts for you!  Mine brings in all sorts, including feathers, frogs, mice, massive moths etc.

I pat mine on the head.  Can't exactly reason with a cat.

Drives my mrs mad - which is also a little bonus

I'm not convinced about the gifts theory. Saturday night she brought in 3 live mice in during the course of the night. After killing the third one I gave her the verbals at which she picked up the mouse and shot off out through the cat flap. Sulked at me for a couple of days but has not brought anything in since.  one of us will win this battle and it probably won't be me!

I'm not convinced about the gifts theory. Saturday night she brought in 3 live mice in during the course of the night. After killing the third one I gave her the verbals at which she picked up the mouse and shot off out through the cat flap. Sulked at me for a couple of days but has not brought anything in since.  one of us will win this battle and it probably won't be me!

There was an ace program on the BBC a while back about Cats V Dogs.

A bit kitsch but was interesting to see the insights and note that cats haven't been domesticated for very long compared to dogs.

The more I watch mine the more I think they are probably a tad smarter than dogs and are still learning how to manipulate communicate with us.  That annoying miaowing they do is an attempt to talk, apparently.

I watched mine in horror a while back torment a lovely butterfly to death.  Apparently some do this as they have the instinct to hunt but aren't hungry.  They are also scared of their prey and cautious which is why they maul them so much.  Makes sense, sort of.

As a kitten mine used to love 'hunting' rolled up post it notes.  Id wake up and his food bowl would be full of them or he'd leave a pile by my bed - bless :) 

Growing up we a had a couple of cats. Both would bring things back. Rule in the house was you find it you clean it.

Worse one was when the ginger tom brought a rabbit back. Founds it's body at the top of the stairs, took ages clearing the thing up, it was rank. Thought all was done a dusted then found its head behind my bedroom door :(

Growing up we a had a couple of cats. Both would bring things back. Rule in the house was you find it you clean it.

Worse one was when the ginger tom brought a rabbit back. Founds it's body at the top of the stairs, took ages clearing the thing up, it was rank. Thought all was done a dusted then found its head behind my bedroom door :(

ha ha!  A rabbit, that's impressive for a cat.

We've got a cherry tree fully ripe out back and the birds/pigeons are all over it - it wont be long i'm sure . . .

• 2 weeks later...

Got a couple of rescued cats.

Had them nearly 12 months.

Poor things were abandonded as kittens.

Owners sold and pissed off without them.

New owners found them locked in the shed.

Cats protection had them in a cage for 16months.

Ours is their first proper home.

Took months to get there confidance.

But they are still clueless about the outside world.Natural instinct makes them try and catch birds but they are bloody useless.

Finally one caught one and promply sat on it.

Sat there and i swear it was grinning at me.

I picked him up and the bird flew off.

Proper characters though.

Ozzie and Freddie.

Ozbourne and Mercury.incase ya wondered