Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Pud (Andrew Leigh)

Spider

Maybe 10 years ago i remember going on a piss up coach trip to Portsmouth and Pud was with us, to cut a long story short we were invited to one  of the old 657 crew boozers - The Newcombe Arms in deepest Fratton - it was rammed packed with Pompey  "characters".

The welcome we got was fantastic because they all knew Ferny from the 90's England scene  & loads had travelled up to Bolton for the lads funeral a few years previously.

Great day but we got beat 2-1, Pud was well on form + funny as fcuk all day.

Pompey lads are are ok as it happens.

Happy days.

Thinkin' of you mate.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

Maybe 10 years ago i remember going on a piss up coach trip to Portsmouth and Pud was with us, to cut a long story short we were invited to one of the old 657 crew boozers - The Newcombe Arms in deepest Fratton - it was rammed packed with Pompey "characters".

The welcome we got was fantastic because they all knew Ferny from the 90's England scene & loads had travelled up to Bolton for the lads funeral a few years previously.

Happy days.

Thinkin' of you mate.

The day we qualified for Europe the very same thing happened ????????

• Site Supporter

Maybe 10 years ago i remember going on a piss up coach trip to Portsmouth and Pud was with us, to cut a long story short we were invited to one  of the old 657 crew boozers - The Newcombe Arms in deepest Fratton - it was rammed packed with Pompey  "characters".

The welcome we got was fantastic because they all knew Ferny from the 90's England scene  & loads had travelled up to Bolton for the lads funeral a few years previously.

Happy days.

Thinkin' of you mate.

The day that Mandaric came in & made his speech & put a couple of hundred quid behind the bar?

The irony of the photo of Andy and PG is that they were both diagnosed around the same time, in late 2015.

When people talk about fighting the disease, nobody epitomises that more than Pud.

People closer to him than me will know better but on the many occasions I've seen him over the last 15 months, he's always been positive.

Spot on.Well said.

When he was first diagnosed and having all the tests and operations, i told him i thought he was brave cos i would be shitting myself.

He just shrugged his shoulders and said his only thoughts were for his family.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

Loads of fund raisers going on now on Facebook.

Take your pick from Liverpool tickets & free bar, trips up Snowden, walks to Everest base camp, walking from Bolton to Port Vale, bike rides, Total Warrior, etc, etc. Pretty sure the £20,000 needed to be raised will be smashed.

Just hope the fund raising doesn't get over-saturated.

My best mates Mum was treated by the Christie.  During her illness, her and her daughter raised over £10k for the Christie.  When her Mum died, she asked how much more there was to raise for the Gold Plaque (£15k).  They said as it was registered in her Mum's name she had to start from scratch again.  I think this is a bit off, but can see why they do it.  She has now hit the total but wants to wait a while before the ceremony and installation of the plaque.

I think she'll continue raising money for the rest of her life.  It's amazing to see the efforts that people are putting in for Pud.  Hopefully his family will get some comfort from it all.