Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sheffield Utd & Scunthorpe Trains

Leyther_Matt

TransPennine Express are having a 25% off sale for anyone wanting to play Sky Sports roulette for the Scunthorpe away game in April. Can do £20 return rather than £35 day return and similarly less than a tenner return for Sheffield Utd rather than £19 day return. If you've got a Railcard then even better - me and the mrs are paying 20 quid for both games!

https://www.tpexpress.co.uk/special-offers/new-app/

Just looked, it's direct

Aye goes onto Cleethorpes

Got that train once and was meant to get off in Sheffield but due to being still leathered from the night before nodded off

Woke up just as it was pulling into Cleethorpes and soon sobered up

There's nowt to do in Cleethorpes on a Sunday afternoon. Mind you I doubt it would have made a difference on any other day of the week

Aye goes onto Cleethorpes

Got that train once and was meant to get off in Sheffield but due to being still leathered from the night before nodded off

Woke up just as it was pulling into Cleethorpes and soon sobered up

There's nowt to do in Cleethorpes on a Sunday afternoon. Mind you I doubt it would have made a difference on any other day of the week

Not like you to nod off :D

Is there a direct train from Manchester to Scunthorpe? I'd imagine you need to change somewhere like Leeds

But no direct trains from Leeds which is a pain in the arse. Be quicker to drive for me.

But Bradford is 15 mins and £3.50 return. So assuming £20 a ticket and £50 on ale a cheap day out.

Edited by Ani

• Moderators

It is very suprising the Scunthorpe game not selected and what makes it worse is I am out of the country that week. :angry2:

Don't think fixtures that far ahead have been announced yet

Unless those dates have been annoumced and the gap can be maintained/closed by time it comes around, reckon it'll be on

Not like you to nod off :D

It's usually down to the company!

Though if I want to get there on the train from Beverley I've got to go to Sheffield then head back

There is a bus which a) means piss stops could be tricky and B) it means me stopping in Scunthorpe on a Saturday night till 9pm

Sheffield it is

• 3 weeks later...