Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bradford 2-2 Wanderers

Biggish Dave

I am not saying Moxey is totally to blame, but he massively over commits, he is not playing left wing.

Then how Beevers ends up in midfield is strange on the first goal.

Occupational hazard for a left back. The bigger issue for me on the first goal is that the midfield three are in no postion to cover the space behind Moxey - Vela is miles too far up the pitch and Trotter's starting position and lack of pace effectively removes him from proceedings too. Beevers will be able to see all that unfolding in front of him, which explains him coming out to try to do something about it.

I've no issue with Moxey for the second goal either. We've kept decent shape behind him and failed to deal with a long ball down the side, not least because Alnwick has had a rush of blood and made it easy for them.

Probably the best boozers of the season so far, up there with Huddersfield for me.

Embankment, you missed a cracking pub in the Sparrow and the one across the road which was half bar half record shop wasn't too shabby either.

Bradford has improved massively over the last few years and most of the boozers on North Parade are great. Sparrow and Record Cafe are about the best, followed by the Beer House.

There are also some new tunnels and vaults (a la Bolton) that opened before Christmas. Sunbridge Wells I think it was called. We went in there after the match - very nice indeed. Don't think I had a bad pint all day.

If anyone is over there this weekend, The Bradford Beer Festival at the Victoria Hall in Saltaire is on. We go every year (Friday afternoon for us this year) and then do a few boozers in Saltaire and Shipley before heading to North Parade. Always a great day. I'll enjoy winding the Bradford lot up this year!