Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Oz Tour Planned

worthy10

Brisbane. 2 days cricket

Melbourne

Driver on great ocean road to

Adalaide. 2days cricket.

Sydney.

Any tips re any of these venues, please?

Some quick memories

Jazzy Cat Cafe, Brisbane

Christmas lunch at Campari House, Melbourne (all inclusive price)

Melbourne; take a cardy

Adelaide; pretty dull, but it will be great with a few thosand England fans. We went to McLaren Vale for wine but the Barossa next time.

Sydney is a fab city. The Rocks is the obvious place to hang out. The Glenmore must have one of the best locations around and pizza at The Australian. Some great restaurants. Whilst the pound has plumetted against currencies, we have been there at $1.50 and it was doable.

I'll recall other things, but it is the best country we have visited.

Again, apart from in the grounds, the locals love us. And the Queen.

• Site Supporter

Some quick memories

Jazzy Cat Cafe, Brisbane

Christmas lunch at Campari House, Melbourne (all inclusive price)

Melbourne; take a cardy

Adelaide; pretty dull, but it will be great with a few thosand England fans. We went to McLaren Vale for wine but the Barossa next time.

Sydney is a fab city. The Rocks is the obvious place to hang out. The Glenmore must have one of the best locations around and pizza at The Australian. Some great restaurants. Whilst the pound has plumetted against currencies, we have been there at $1.50 and it was doable.

I'll recall other things, but it is the best country we have visited.

Again, apart from in the grounds, the locals love us. And the Queen.

Have you eaten 'roo? Lad wanted to try some roo burgers but they're stuck in the freezer- don't fancy them.

Have you eaten 'roo? Lad wanted to try some roo burgers but they're stuck in the freezer- don't fancy them.

Yep, had Roo

Lean meat

In Alice Springs, amongst others, a restaurant with Roo, Emu, Camel and other shit

• Members

Amazing how people holidaying/touring have a completely different view than those of us who live here.

My take:-

Sydney - shit once you get way from the spectacular harbour.

Melbourne - best city in Australia for night life, entertainment and sport.

Adelaide - sleepy hollow but a fine place for beaches (Henley, Semaphore, Glenelg and Victor Harbour). Great place for seafood - especially King George Whiting.

Amazing how people holidaying/touring have a completely different view than those of us who live here.

My take:-

Sydney - shit once you get way from the spectacular harbour.

Melbourne - best city in Australia for night life, entertainment and sport.

Adelaide - sleepy hollow but a fine place for beaches (Henley, Semaphore, Glenelg and Victor Harbour). Great place for seafood - especially King George Whiting.

What about Perth?

• 4 weeks later...

Flying out Christmas Day to Melbourne. Down to Sydney for the last test. Not booked a flight back yet. Might have a stop over somewhere in between for a couple of days.

Any suggestions? (for a man of my age)

Fantastic

I'll have a think

Your first trip to Oz?

Fantastic

I'll have a think

Your first trip to Oz?

No. I was there, in Sydney, last year to visit my son.

He has everything planned while Im there so it's just the stop off on the way back that I'm looking to plan for a couple of days.

No. I was there, in Sydney, last year to visit my son.

He has everything planned while Im there so it's just the stop off on the way back that I'm looking to plan for a couple of days.

We drove the inland route, which was boring, so stick to the coast.

Thanks for the info but I'll be flying back home from Sydney so the 2 days stop I meant was somewhere between Aus and home.

I'm rubbish at this game, sorry.

Hong Kong?

Thanks for the info but I'll be flying back home from Sydney so the 2 days stop I meant was somewhere between Aus and home.

I've spent the last 6 months travelling round south east Asia and oz so if you can give me some pointers as to what you want yo be doing in said place I will give you my view and pointers if that helps

• Members

Confirmed 5 nights in Melbourne, last leg of the trip. Recommendations please for stuff to do, go to etc. Don't mind driving around and a bit of adventure.3 old lads about 50yrs

Lorne and Philip Island are a good start mate.

A days racing at Flemington if it's on. You won't have any problem finding loads of things to do in the city centre. Entertainment capital of Australia.

• 3 weeks later...