Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Trojan Horse Oldham Style....

miamiwhite

Someone on here  a while back (may have been NI Crawley?  Apologies if not) suggested that they felt bad as they had 'racist' thoughts because they were annoyed that the folk waiting for a bus (who were Somali iirc) wouldn't queue and barged etc.

I disagreed at the time but consider this:

You go to live, travel or work in Japan.  One Monday morning you get the train to work at rush hour.  You don't speak Japanese and can't read it and as a result get on everyone's tits as you cock up the pace and order that is part of the culture of Japan and their public transport. 

The locals begin tutting, rolling eyebrows and perhaps making the odd comment about Johnny foreigner not having a clue about Japanese culture and needing to make more effort.

Now, are the Japs being racist or are you a being twatstick?

Being honest, most reading this I'd wager would feel pretty ashamed (I would) and vow to get to know the culture better.  I may not appreciate the comments and looks and think the folk a bit rude, but I'd accept my blame and work out how to do better.

I would not even begin to think they are being racist.

Folk coming here need to do the same.  End of.

As long as this mob of Japs aren't pushing up behind me in the queue..........New meaning of Jap's eye with this lot..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-39019390

A labour council voted in by and reliant on the "mass postal vote" investigates, finds it has no concerns and then refuses to publish said investigation. Yeah alreet!

I don't necessarily share your cynicism - but surely the sensible thing to do would be to publish the investigation. Particularly as it was carried out in conjunction with the Department of Education and GMP's counter terrorism division. Unless you reckon they're all in on it?

I don't necessarily share your cynicism - but surely the sensible thing to do would be to publish the investigation. Particularly as it was carried out in conjunction with the Department of Education and GMP's counter terrorism division. Unless you reckon they're all in on it?

Nope.  Dept. of education and GMP counter terrorism are separate investigations, yet to release their findings.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/counter-terrorism-police-investigated-claims-12627268

Edited by bgoefc

Nope. Dept. of education and GMP counter terrorism are separate investigations, yet to release their findings.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/counter-terrorism-police-investigated-claims-12627268

Sounds like they were part of the original investigation according to the MP?

“I also understand that allegations that this amounted to a ‘Trojan horse’ plot have been investigated by Oldham Council, linking in with GMP’s Counter Terrorism Unit, and the Department for Education’s Compliance Unit, who concluded that there was no evidence to support this claim."

Anyway - if there has been any wrongdoing I just hope one of these investigations uncovers it. And if there hasn't been then hopefully folk will accept the findings of the investigations. Time will tell I guess?

I've no idea about this one but I go into two schools in Manchester that are at least 95% muslim and in both the teaching staff are divided pretty equally between races and faiths. The parents don't seem to have much issue with that. There's definitely some slight cultural issues in both but it does them good to have mixed staff. I'd be surprised if a state school could pull it off without someone reporting it.