Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Phil Morris

DomRepWanderer

No doubt we're all in agreement that even if we were awash with cash, 12 months is the absolute maximum we should be offering Morais. Don't get me wrong, I'm delighted with how his signing has turned out and the impact he's made.

He is however, a 31 year old winger who isn't blessed with lightning pace, has spent the majority of his career at this level and couldn't get a game at Bradford.

While his delivery has been excellent, I can't help but believe he's going through a superhuman purple patch; coinciding with a new lease of life and playing for a contract. I'm a big fan of his, but like all wingers, he'll prove to be frustrating more often than not.

Also, if we go up his crossing will be nowhere near as effective. The space defences have allowed for some of our goals lately has been frightening. Contrary to certain beliefs, Feeney was more than capable of a good delivery himself at Championship level, and the less said about last season the better.

• Site Supporter

Sorry but Feeneys crossing of a ball was woeful.

Morais is far better crosser of ball. He hits the danger areas and gets ball past the first defender.

Yep. Beckham wasn't blessed with great pace, but by the fuck could he cross it.

Still wouldn't give him a long contract though.

Can anyone remember in their life anyone who's doing what's he doing right now?

The only parallel I can think of is when we sold Sneekes to WBA and he scored something like a dozen goals in 10 consecutive matches. I remember one of their fans on 606 saying "What were Bolton thinking?"

This is better though. WBA were a division below us not rivalling us for promotion like Bradford

The way we were shaping up before this run we could have been fighting to keep our play off spot

I'd like to think it's down to more than just him, improved form of Madine, Pratley coming back, ALF hitting form etc but those stats don't lie

Morais has put us in the driving seat for automatic promotion almost single handed

13 out of our last 17 goals (75%) he's either scored or assisted - we have gained 16 points in those 6 games

Edited by birch-chorley

No.

And he left Chelsea because he believed he would never be given a chance to play.

Far be it from me to challenge

the Malcomater, but I heard he did play in Mourinho's first game. Though it was a pre season friendly. In no mood to google it though.

Edited by RoadRunnerFan