Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Parliament

deane koontz

• Moderators

To me as an atheist all religions are shit however some are shitter than others in the religion killing stakes league table I think there is only one winner.

Agreed, they (the Christians) are bit like Liverpool. Not as dangerous anymore, but a history that is unequalled.

Agreed, they (the Christians) are bit like Liverpool. Not as dangerous anymore, but a history that is unequalled.

Indeed, if there was a historic league table, I would imagine the Christians would be way, way out in front.......but mainly because Christianity had a head start

Edited by Sweep

Just had a look on internet and there were around 3 million killed by islamist in Bangladesh in the early 70s and low end estaimates that 80 million Hindus have been murdered by Islam in India. frightening absolutely frightening. Sobering thought.    

Edited by Mounts Kipper

Medieval India?

Hmmm, I'd probably stop if I were you Mounts.

Why? The same mentality or more relevant religious doctrine is still prevalent today 3 million killed early 1970s and is being practiced all over the world today you need to wake up and smell the coffee. Don't hold out any hope you will though.    

Edited by Mounts Kipper

Why? The same mentality or more relevant religious doctrine is still prevalent today 3 million killed early 1970s and is being practiced all over the world today you need to wake up and smell the coffee. Don't hold out any hope you will though.    

India's a tricky one.  The Hindus have persecuted Muslims in many ways and are still seen as something akin to 2nd class by many higher caste Hindus.  But yes, historically, Muslims invaded Hindu territories and did bad things.

Whilst I've met many extremely gentile and welcoming Muslims in India and the region I tended to feel less welcome, and as a foreigner/white person, less safe in Muslim territories than Hindu ones, or Buddhist as counters.

Not sure if that's significant but that was prior and post 9/11

Personally, I think many Muslims detest our/any drinking culture and this colours their views.  Stereotypes work both ways

the Jews have had it pretty tough haven't they.

Certainly have mate.

Antisemitism still remains rife in many organisations countries and cultures. The Labour Party being one. A certain religion being another, along with a host of hot dusty countries.

• Site Supporter

Not the ones where we live given the number of Bentley's and Ferrari's etc, they seem to have come through it Okay.

I imagine the ghosts of their grandparents who were gassed in Poland are happy enough

There are anti-fascist volunteers and others of what may be broadly termed 'the left' from all over Europe fighting ISIL in places like Rojava...One unit is named after a Wanderersways favourite - Bob Crow.

This runs counter to the 'blind eye to Islamist fascists' and 'lefties hug jihadis' Tropes.

I didn't know that, good lads.

In my opinion some of the relatively unsung heroes of the last century were the men who joined the International Brigade to fight the fascists in the Spanish Civil War. It wasn't their fight but they risked their lives, and some lost, to stand up for their beliefs.