Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton Fans

darrener

Bolton fans are the fucking best, I know every club say the same but we are the best. Yesterday we had the guy with the ripped pants belly bouncing with the guy in the blue rangers Bolton top. Two guys smacking each other over the head with a plastic banana and another guy behind us singing on his own to a very male looking female steward "you look like a man, you look like a man, get your cock out, you look like a man. Half time under the stand a large group of wanderers fans bouncing up and down singing wanky wanderers while bouncing a green plastic crocodile amongst themselves. It's just brilliant! And it's always been like that, loads of characters, it's what makes following the wanderers so special. Derek osedes face at the end when the players came over at the end was a picture, he was just soaking it up. My lads bloody loved it and there was a lot of other young ones there who were loving it as well. Back in the day I used to go to the odd away game with my Blackburn mates, fucking hell it was dire, and when they used to come along to a Bolton game they thought we were barmy! Once you become a wanderer your hooked its for life, my two lads are there now they are died in the wool Bolton wanderers fans for life and I'm bloody proud of them. A big thanks to all of you who make following the Whites an absolute brilliant experience we are the best the rest can do one. Scunthorpe here we come!! ????

• Site Supporter

I was talking to a couple of 19 year old lads back at the train station yesterday, they were saying they had never experienced anything like it having never been involved in a promotion chasing season.

This season has been a slow burner but it's coming nicely to the boil now. The last 3 Saturday aways will be ace if we get decent results. Been great having a good chance of winning everywhere this year

I was talking to a couple of 19 year old lads back at the train station yesterday, they were saying they had never experienced anything like it having never been involved in a promotion chasing season.

This season has been a slow burner but it's coming nicely to the boil now. The last 3 Saturday aways will be ace if we get decent results. Been great having a good chance of winning everywhere this year

I must admit I envy some of you lot, jumping on the train and arriving in a town early doors, trawling the pubs up to the ground, it's what I used to do but seeing my lads faces yesterday was equally as good and when they get to 18 19 years of age I'll be insisting we do the same.

Im glad for our younger lot, noticed a huge increase in younger lads (and girls) at aways that first season out of Premier League, whether that was cheaper prices, new places to visit or just coincidence I dont know. But all they've seen is predominantly shite and some false dawns.

Despite that, we've had a decent number following us everywhere in last 3/4 years, about time we had something to celebrate. Hopefully that's this season!

The reaction for the second yesterday said it all. Just watch it back on YouTube. I've said it before but we're fucking ace. So glad I wasn't born 10 miles down the road

was talking to my mum today, she said my dad was watching the goals on goal rush last night, when Alf scored the 2nd goal she said my dad got a bit emotional, when she asked if he was alright he just said "I bloody miss that" the fans reaction to the goal. He goes to a few home games but doesn't go to the aways anymore, I've persuaded him to go to the Oldham game though, just hope we can get him a ticket

Also I'm not being a grumpy cunt but..

Nothing against the younger lot having a drink and laugh but some little knobs on the 10.30yeaterday need to reign it it with their behaviour around none football fans.

Maybe too many shandys and excitement

quite right! Remember going on the train to Witton albion on the train it was full of Bolton lads, a woman and her daughter got on and looked shocked at the number of lads packed into the carriage, two got out of their seats and politely let them sit down. Proper gents and that's the way it should be

I'm 20 years old, never been involved or remember a Bolton promotion chasing season, and I have to say it really is fantastic.

I only remember Bolton in Prem, then since 2012 our downfall. For the parts where I have really grown up between 15-20 it really has been depressing, and it's no surprise there are so many of my mates my age who support united and city. But I would never change being a Wanderer for the world. Basically I've had enough of watching Bolton as a dead club, and just can't wait to look forward to Bolton now alive and kicking! This club is a sleeping giant, and it is slowly coming back into the light from the darkness.

I'm 20 years old, never been involved or remember a Bolton promotion chasing season, and I have to say it really is fantastic.

I only remember Bolton in Prem, then since 2012 our downfall. For the parts where I have really grown up between 15-20 it really has been depressing, and it's no surprise there are so many of my mates my age who support united and city. But I would never change being a Wanderer for the world. Basically I've had enough of watching Bolton as a dead club, and just can't wait to look forward to Bolton now alive and kicking! This club is a sleeping giant, and it is slowly coming back into the light from the darkness.

Great stuff mate

???? love it

Same for me, my lad went to some Premier League games but can't remember them. Since then, we've been pretty poor until this season but he stuck with it and it is brilliant to see the total fanatic that it has made out if him. Full of passion and a total Wanderer for life.

I'm closely following from the promotion push from Canada. It's great to hear stories from these younger fans who have never experienced this. The playoffs are unreal - you either get the all time best or all time worst emotions. I found this on YouTube. I'm not sure if it's been posted before but it's definitely a great example https://youtu.be/dMe-lV6WYyg

I'm closely following from the promotion push from Canada. It's great to hear stories from these younger fans who have never experienced this. The playoffs are unreal - you either get the all time best or all time worst emotions. I found this on YouTube. I'm not sure if it's been posted before but it's definitely a great example https://youtu.be/dMe-lV6WYyg

on that video we avoided the playoffs, but I get what you mean

was discussed here pal http://www.wanderersways.com/forum/topic/64225-you-tube-bolton-stuff/?p=1661092