Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Emirates Airline

anewman

Best airline I've flown with - although they're a bit tight with the booze from Manchester > Dubai. Soon picks up Dubai to Bangkok mind! :-)

Stood up right at the back, 7 of us and they let us help ourself. Staff were great.

Always sleep on the second leg.

Never drink on the flight back.

I usually use Emirates but went with Etihad this last trip as they were offering a better deal. They're alright but the fuckers charge for wifi even in business and they don't have any cheese butties knocking about if you don't like the food they have on offer like Emirates do.

Singapore are pretty good but New Zealand airlines are my favourite.

Emirates by a mile.

With that bar they have upstairs on the A380 and 50 hours of flying, they'll do well to earn money out of me when we go to Australia.

I was once banished from the "upper class" bar on a Virgin flight to Shanghai, it took a good 4 hours and about 3 bottles of Champagne before they realised that I had only paid for a Premium Economy ticket. Still, I was in such a state that they let me kip it off in a proper flat bed seat. Nice people at Virgin Airlines, clearly though my card was marked, as I wasn't offered an upgrade on the return flight, even though there were a few empty seats

A380, yes.

777, no.

Never flying Emirates again if a 777 is involved - and that goes for any airline with a 3-4-3 configuration in a 777. And you can stick the 4 hour stopover in bloody Dubai too.

That's what happens if you leave booking a holiday to Mr EG

A380, yes.

777, no.

Never flying Emirates again if a 777 is involved - and that goes for any airline with a 3-4-3 configuration in a 777. And you can stick the 4 hour stopover in bloody Dubai too.

That's what happens if you leave booking a holiday to Mr EG

Ha ha I actually preferred the 777. Once sat in the cabin I wouldn't have known if it was a 777 or A380. As per Gonk I found the queues after getting off the A380 a nightmare

Ha ha I actually preferred the 777. Once sat in the cabin I wouldn't have known if it was a 777 or A380. As per Gonk I found the queues after getting off the A380 a nightmare

To be fair, after the non-stop moaning from me, I don't think that mistake will be made again, it was the 1st time I'd flown cattle class long haul - and I was quite happy after the A380. The first 777 was a shock to the system :D

To be fair, after the non-stop moaning from me, I don't think that mistake will be made again, it was the 1st time I'd flown cattle class long haul - and I was quite happy after the A380. The first 777 was a shock to the system :D

Emirates cattle class is OK though so long as if travelling as a couple you choose the aisle seat and the one next to it in the middle 4. You only have one person disturbing you when they need endless trips to the toilet because they've had too much coffee at the airport, too many white wines on the plane, and then a gallon of water because they must rehydrate because otherwise their skin will look so bad when they land  :shiftyninja:

That's good advice, I made sure I wasn't in the aisle seat coming back but I don't like sitting next to a stranger either. It was more the constant walking into my left side by every bastard walking up & down the aisle than the 4 seats themselves - the narrowness of the aisle was what narked me. And at least flying direct you get a chance for a few hours sleep - the whole changing at Dubai in the middle of the night set the grumpiness off. I'd say we lost 2 days of the holiday by not flying direct.