Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wedding Day

Latham8WFC

15yrs together married for 8.

In my drunken state my memory has it that after the reception we went home and I consumated the marriage in a manner befitting Ron Jeremy, when apparently I got home and fell asleep, waking her up for a fumble at some point during the night.

Edited by frank_spencer

Enjoy the day.

Got in a Ford Granada taxi when we were leaving the reception which was promptly lifted up off it's wheels, driver turned round with a big grin on his face who turned out to be Mrs Dee's cousin. The actual taxi driver couldn't get near the car, fortunately he'd taken the keys out.

Got to our hotel for the night, realised I'd forgotten to get the keys to my dad's car we were borrowing to go on honeymoon so rang back to the reception to be told by my dad it had just cost him a fortune for several crates of beer as no-one would get on the double decker bus we'd got to deliver everyone home until they had some beer for the journey.

Kinell that 34 years flew by!

We had a cracking do in St Lucia, wife was 90 mins late, I was papping myself, the minister words were " Man, she gone home on de plane"

Turns out flowers were late, but no one bothered to come and tell me and it were boiling.

Night do was fantastic when we got back at Ramada on A6.

Picked a venue where the bar was in the room, best thing we did, oh and I locked her out of the bedroom, receptionist had to let her in.

9 years in October, we have some right laughs and up and downs like every other couple in the world.

Oh and much better than the other one, this one smiles.

How many on here been married more than once?

Not happy or proud that I have but first marriage ended mutually. Two dowters aged 7 and 10 at the time. I moved to Manc ex-wife moved to Howfen. I got to have them every other weekend. Typical Dad wondering what to do with them at the weekend so bought em season tickets - they loved their grandad's tales of watching BWFC in the 50's and his two Wembley trips so thought it would be good for them

I now have one who is a tactical football genius who could tell you the failings of every manager since BSA and one who just wants to know which away games we're going to, where her next pint of cider is coming from, and which pub the not-rights are drinking in

I could write a book on how to raise dowters the correct way  :D  :D

• Site Supporter

In the 2 weeks we had on honeymoon in the Caribbean I never actually got any pokey wets.

Granted I wasn't sober enough for most of it but not even a wank.

That's quite an abstinence Smiffs. You didn't manage a sly one while she was out? :lol: ::lol::

How many on here been married more than once?

Not happy or proud that I have but first marriage ended mutually. Two dowters aged 7 and 10 at the time. I moved to Manc ex-wife moved to Howfen. I got to have them every other weekend. Typical Dad wondering what to do with them at the weekend so bought em season tickets - they loved their grandad's tales of watching BWFC in the 50's and his two Wembley trips so thought it would be good for them

I now have one who is a tactical football genius who could tell you the failings of every manager since BSA and one who just wants to know which away games we're going to, where her next pint of cider is coming from, and which pub the not-rights are drinking in

I could write a book on how to raise dowters the correct way :D :D

Living down here I can't take them every weekend, but I'm starting to take middle child to Bromley Town for football sessions and the odd match (in her new Bolton kit obviously!) as they are non league I'm happy with it.

They all want to watch the England ladies team at some point, also Arsenal ladies have been mentioned, which worries me as it could lead to full on Arsenal supporting!

• Members

Here we go - owd cunt jibes warning.

Met in 1970, married in 1975. Work it out.

Best thing that ever happened to me this lass. Remarkable woman.

Wedding day was very simple. Bolton Registry Office - obviously never get me in a fucking church - photo's Town Hall steps, lunch at The Lamplighter (family connection at that time), proper do that night at The Trotters upstairs room (and that last bit was absolutely superb).

You can only go off your own experience. I would have to recommend marriage. That said, like many I am a product of a broken one.

It's a top day all your family, friends and best mates in 1 place at the same time, that does not happen often, don't worry about your speech it's piece of piss. We got wed at Worsley courthouse photos on Worsley Green 1999. Went to Majorca for the honeymoon and after sticking some suntan on promptly when for a swim broke into a full flight front crawl which unfortunately led to my wedding ring somehow coming off my finger and dropping to the bottom of the Med wife wasn't best pleased. ????

Edited by Mounts Kipper