Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Decent Podcasts

MancWanderer

Best one I’ve listened to recently is Shaun Attwood True Crime. Lad from Widnes who ended up running a multi million dollar ecstasy ring in the US. He ended up getting about 10 years and him and his sidekick talk about life in a high security jail in Arizona. Plus he’s interviewed plenty of ex cons  who’ve got some fascinating life stories to tell.

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Judge Fudge said:

Best one I’ve listened to recently is Shaun Attwood True Crime. Lad from Widnes who ended up running a multi million dollar ecstasy ring in the US. He ended up getting about 10 years and him and his sidekick talk about life in a high security jail in Arizona. Plus he’s interviewed plenty of ex cons  who’ve got some fascinating life stories to tell.

"Loose Units" is a good one if you're into crime podcasts. An ex-copper who worked in Sydney, Australia, during the 80's and 90's, being interviewed by his son about the cases he worked on. Some grim tales, but it's very light-hearted and amusing. 

10 hours ago, Judge Fudge said:

I highly recommend his 3 books about his lifex very very good. 

On 29/08/2019 at 21:07, Judge Fudge said:

Currently listening to the one with Cody. The enforcer associated with one of the Noonans. Great insight into life inside Strangeways and Forest Bank 

I’ve had a new podcast recommended to me ‘Quickly Kevin, Will He Score?’ It’s all about 90s football. I haven’t started it yet but there looks to be some good stuff on there, such as:

- Things we miss about 90s football

- Championship Manager 97/98

-The worst Arsenal XI of the 90s

- USA 94

- Football Italia

-  There’s Only One Barry Fry

- Lots of interviews with ex- players such as Stuart Pearce, Le Tiss, Merson and plenty of others 

37 minutes ago, Naytch said:

I’ve had a new podcast recommended to me ‘Quickly Kevin, Will He Score?’ It’s all about 90s football. I haven’t started it yet but there looks to be some good stuff on there, such as:

- Things we miss about 90s football

- Championship Manager 97/98

-The worst Arsenal XI of the 90s

- USA 94

- Football Italia

-  There’s Only One Barry Fry

- Lots of interviews with ex- players such as Stuart Pearce, Le Tiss, Merson and plenty of others 

It’s good!!! I’ve got it on subscribe. Well worth going back a few series to catch up 

Edited by MancWanderer

• Site Supporter
26 minutes ago, Spider said:

How about how about a WWays podcast??

Regular host with a different poster or two as ‘guest’ every week?

maximum of 20% football talk and 80% from behind the stands. No Brexit.

Great idea. Could have a special female guest each week (a posters wife or mum), and the listeners have to guess HBAHT.

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, Spider said:

I’ll put myself forward as “cupper”

Bagsy being independent adjudicator. Can't trust bra sizes. I remember reading recently that most women are walking round wearing the wrong size.