Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Decent Podcasts

MancWanderer

• Site Supporter
On 10/07/2019 at 22:00, MancWanderer said:

Michaela Wain Interviews. Bolton lass

Apparently she was on the Apprentice??

The one with Wheater is quite good. His thoughts on Bassini and Anderson are quite entertaining. And a players perspective on not being paid. Didn’t realise that there was a lot more to it than just those recent months......selecting players not to pay because they weren’t being picked. Unreal!!!

Not listened to the SJM one yet. Didn’t bother with the others

Just listened to some of this. Will finish it later.

No love lost when it comes to ken.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, jules_darby said:

Heard this last week. He’s not holding his tongue back is he.

asprilla playing against the narcos was interesting 

Aye, it was a good episode. It's not often i can sit and watch something for 2 and a half hours. It sounds like Mr Venison was  a bit of a nuisance  

• 2 weeks later...

I Had Trials Once

Hosted by two lower league journeymen - Gareth Seddon and Jordan Hulme - they interview non-league and lower league players and talk about their careers. 

Very much about the sort of oi-oi bantz stuff that most people find irritating....after a while it clicks and is really funny at times. The episode with Nicky Adams is revealing when he starts talking about Keith Hill...

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/i-had-trials-once/id1459117353

5 hours ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Look forward to that, been some good ones on there. Kilgallon, Beresford, Windass & Kevin Campbell are the best I've listened to. 

Aye. Undr The Cosh has been a great recommendation

The Nicky Weaver ones were also very good but nowt's beaten the Gerry Taggart one for me yet

Look forward to SJMG

Like Undr The Cosh, but the ‘comedian’ Chris Brown is anything but.

I’m sure he does a good job behind the scenes, but he’s mostly clueless and blatantly knows fuck all about us considering he’s supposedly a fan.
The amount of times I’ve wondered why he’s not picked up on ex players of ours popping up in conversations etc. is crazy. On the Taggart episode he said he’d had a season ticket for eight years at Burnden. Find it hard to believe, and I imagine he hasn’t been to the Reebok much. 

Jon Parkin clearly sees himself as a ‘jack-the-lad’ and can be a bit irritating too. I was also found it funny that he once said he didn’t like ale (some Yorkshireman he is), then tries pushing craft ales every week, pretending he has a load of them at home. 😂 

Mackem Chris Brown seems sound mind.

Looking forward to a new Quickly Kevin series. The best football podcast going hands down for me. 

19 hours ago, BWFC_LOVE said:

Like Undr The Cosh, but the ‘comedian’ Chris Brown is anything but.

I’m sure he does a good job behind the scenes, but he’s mostly clueless and blatantly knows fuck all about us considering he’s supposedly a fan.
The amount of times I’ve wondered why he’s not picked up on ex players of ours popping up in conversations etc. is crazy. On the Taggart episode he said he’d had a season ticket for eight years at Burnden. Find it hard to believe, and I imagine he hasn’t been to the Reebok much. 

Jon Parkin clearly sees himself as a ‘jack-the-lad’ and can be a bit irritating too. I was also found it funny that he once said he didn’t like ale (some Yorkshireman he is), then tries pushing craft ales every week, pretending he has a load of them at home. 😂 

Mackem Chris Brown seems sound mind.

Looking forward to a new Quickly Kevin series. The best football podcast going hands down for me. 

100% agree with every point you make

• Site Supporter

Gossipmongers

Joe Wilkinson, Poppy Hillstead and David Earle.

Listeners write in about weird gossip and rumors they were told and the three above read them out. Usually type of mad shit you heard during school days about creepy teachers, other kids or neighbors etc. 

Absolutely piss funny! 

• Site Supporter
26 minutes ago, Latham8WFC said:

Gossipmongers

Joe Wilkinson, Poppy Hillstead and David Earle.

Listeners write in about weird gossip and rumors they were told and the three above read them out. Usually type of mad shit you heard during school days about creepy teachers, other kids or neighbors etc. 

Absolutely piss funny! 

Believe it or not, my daft story won that episode. It was weird listening to it when they first released it, because I sent it in about 6 months prior and had totally forgot about it. 

Edited by Cheese