Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Decent Podcasts

MancWanderer

47 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Yeah I rate it better than the BBC Manchester one which is almost unlistenable at times when they all shout.

I listen to the BN one every week and it's alright, although I do feel Iles sees himself as much more of a comedian than he actually is!

The BN one has more structure and is easier to follow.

I stopped listening to the BBC effort when they tried to talk about a game nobody had even seen. Morris was in London, Tetlow was at Man City with her partner and the other lad who is also a Blade was busy that weekend.

I have a theory that the best episodes are when they interview Northerners. The ones with Southern subjects are generally a bit shit.

Parkin is so much better when he reins in the 'oi oi' shit bants and actually contributes from his own experiences with money, contracts etc.

On 18/02/2020 at 15:37, deane koontz said:

Amusing episode

Fucking Hell. Listened to that on the way up to Newcastle yesterday thinking it was the other Andy Johnson. Kept thinking that I didn't remember him playing for those clubs and the Palace thing confused me. And because it barely concentrated on the football side of things it didnt register until now

• Site Supporter
20 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Fucking Hell. Listened to that on the way up to Newcastle yesterday thinking it was the other Andy Johnson. Kept thinking that I didn't remember him playing for those clubs and the Palace thing confused me. And because it barely concentrated on the football side of things it didnt register until now

I had a similar experience. They didn't inroduce him properly, and I struggled to work out who he was talking about most of the time because he was referring to everyone by their nicknames from the off. Sacked it off after half an hour.

11 minutes ago, Cheese said:

I had a similar experience. They didn't inroduce him properly, and I struggled to work out who he was talking about most of the time because he was referring to everyone by their nicknames from the off. Sacked it off after half an hour.

Quite amusing episode but the shitting in a cup/lunchbox/shoe and leaving it under a bed/in a locker/in a car is wearing a bit thin now

We get it. You were all very funny jokers

The actual football stories are very good and interesting but the windups/shagging/shitting is a bit dull now

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Quite amusing episode but the shitting in a cup/lunchbox/shoe and leaving it under a bed/in a locker/in a car is wearing a bit thin now

The actual football stories are very good and interesting but the windups/shagging/shitting is a bit dull now

Indeed. From now on,  I'll probably only listen when they have guests who've been associated with BWFC. I don't know enough about other clubs to get excited about what Davo did to Spammy on the coach to Torquay in 1999.

On 18/02/2020 at 15:37, deane koontz said:

Amusing episode

I honestly thought he came across like a dick and trying to be the BIG I AM. Tiresome hearing how funny his pranks were and how he did want he wanted and didn’t give a fuck.

I’m sure half his stories were bollocks.

31 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

There does seem to be a bit of a shit fetish going on. They seem obsessed with peoples dicks too.

• Members
1 hour ago, Cheese said:

I totally agree with that

i was thinking what the fuckin hell is he banging on about 

12 minutes ago, jimmyjoojar said:

I honestly thought he came across like a dick and trying to be the BIG I AM. Tiresome hearing how funny his pranks were and how he did want he wanted and didn’t give a fuck.

I’m sure half his stories were bollocks.

Kinda had this episode on in the background so i probably missed quite a bit of it :D

I've come to the conclusion that a lot of the guest are talking bollocks for the sake of a story. A bit like that after dinner speaking stuff.

The John Beresford/ Clarke Carlisle/Kevin Campbell ones were probably my favourites. 

1 hour ago, Cheese said:

Aye, I had to stop it and Google. was a bit bewildering

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, deane koontz said:

Kinda had this episode on in the background so i probably missed quite a bit of it :D

I've come to the conclusion that a lot of the guest are talking bollocks for the sake of a story. A bit like that after dinner speaking stuff.

The John Beresford/ Clarke Carlisle/Kevin Campbell ones were probably my favourites. 

Yeah, the Clarke Carlisle one was very good, and the only non-Bolton one I've found interesting really. He was in the year above me at school, so that probably helped. I sent his agent an email after I listened to it, and she forwarded it on to him. Got a response from him a couple of days later. Top bloke.

Edited by Cheese

• Site Supporter
22 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

I totally agree with that

i was thinking what the fuckin hell is he banging on about 

Still haven't worked out who "Harry" was while he was at Notts Forest. Thought it was Redknapp at first, but he's never managed them and they've never had a manager called Harry as far as I know.

Edited by Cheese

5 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Still haven't worked out who "Harry" was while he was at Notts Forest. Thought it was Redknapp at first, but he's never managed them and they've never had a manager called Harry as far as I know.

It'll be Bassett that I reckon? 

Don't say Notts Forest here either they go fucking mad.

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Bassett

4 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

It'll be Bassett that I reckon? 

Don't say Notts Forest here either they go fucking mad.

Didn't have a clue Dave Bassett's nickname was Harry. Cheers! It's been slightly doing my head in for a few days. 👍

Edit: Ah, "Harry Houdini" because of his reputation for escaping relegation. It would have took them 2 seconds to clear that up!

Edited by Cheese

Non BWFC ones - Kevin Campbell best by a long way imo

Carlisle, Grobelaar, Beresford, Weaver also very good because it was a lot about other players/managers

Megson pops up a lot in conversation which is always an interesting listen. That thing about him always having a snifter of brandy before a game wtf 

• Members
2 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Non BWFC ones - Kevin Campbell best by a long way imo

Carlisle, Grobelaar, Beresford, Weaver also very good because it was a lot about other players/managers

Megson pops up a lot in conversation which is always an interesting listen. That thing about him always having a snifter of brandy before a game wtf 

Parky pops up as well. Red bull and caffeine gel day before a game to all the players. 

Might suggest that to my superiors tomorrow.