Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Decent Podcasts

MancWanderer

If you’re interested in classic 80s-90s pro wrestling there are a few great podcasts out there. I’m listening to a lot of Something To Wrestle With Bruce Pritchard, Jim Cornette’s Drivethrough and The Jim Cornette Experience.

If you like the WWF from 98-02, then check out The Attitude Era Podcast where three guys review all the old PPV shows and storylines, fucking hilarious.

12 hours ago, Naytch said:

If you’re interested in classic 80s-90s pro wrestling there are a few great podcasts out there. I’m listening to a lot of Something To Wrestle With Bruce Pritchard, Jim Cornette’s Drivethrough and The Jim Cornette Experience.

If you like the WWF from 98-02, then check out The Attitude Era Podcast where three guys review all the old PPV shows and storylines, fucking hilarious.

Unless Jim Cornette's wife is on there I'm not interested. 

When we met her in Atlanta she did the usual 'oh my gawd you guys are from England I love that place especially...' I was expecting the usual pubs and fish and chips clichés 'Greggs Pasties and Ye Olde English Cider'

Turns out following JC round Britain and meeting British wrestlers had got her hooked on proper English people stuff rather than the stereotypes. 

12 hours ago, frank_spencer said:

Unless Jim Cornette's wife is on there I'm not interested. 

When we met her in Atlanta she did the usual 'oh my gawd you guys are from England I love that place especially...' I was expecting the usual pubs and fish and chips clichés 'Greggs Pasties and Ye Olde English Cider'

Turns out following JC round Britain and meeting British wrestlers had got her hooked on proper English people stuff rather than the stereotypes. 

Don’t think she’s on there, or at least not from what I’ve heard. How did you meet her? @Frank Spencer JC is fucking crazy, love his rants on Vince Russo and the state of the wrestling business today.?

8 hours ago, Naytch said:

Don’t think she’s on there, or at least not from what I’ve heard. How did you meet her? @Frank Spencer JC is fucking crazy, love his rants on Vince Russo and the state of the wrestling business today.?

Went over for Mania when it was in Atlanta. JC was working for Ring Of Honor at that time after the show he and all the others were selling merch and signing autographs. Really funny bloke and could talk the hind legs off a donkey. 

13 hours ago, frank_spencer said:

Went over for Mania when it was in Atlanta. JC was working for Ring Of Honor at that time after the show he and all the others were selling merch and signing autographs. Really funny bloke and could talk the hind legs off a donkey. 

Brilliant, didn’t realise you were a fan. I’d love to go over to Mania at some point. 

• 3 months later...

Joe Rogan is dead good - I normally avoid the ones  when he has a yank comedians on because they just ain't funny. But generally his guests are dead interesting. I listenedd to a 3 hour one of a bloke talking about mushrooms. Was fucking mind blowing.

As mentioned, Dan Carlin is pretty good. Would be 100% better if he didn't sound like Kermit the fucking Frog.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
29 minutes ago, Cheese said:

'Inside the Black Box' is very good, if you're into monotone clinical analysis of air disasters.

Explains a lot

Michaela Wain Interviews. Bolton lass

Apparently she was on the Apprentice??

The one with Wheater is quite good. His thoughts on Bassini and Anderson are quite entertaining. And a players perspective on not being paid. Didn’t realise that there was a lot more to it than just those recent months......selecting players not to pay because they weren’t being picked. Unreal!!!

Not listened to the SJM one yet. Didn’t bother with the others

• Moderators
36 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Michaela Wain Interviews. Bolton lass

Apparently she was on the Apprentice??

The one with Wheater is quite good. His thoughts on Bassini and Anderson are quite entertaining. And a players perspective on not being paid. Didn’t realise that there was a lot more to it than just those recent months......selecting players not to pay because they weren’t being picked. Unreal!!!

Not listened to the SJM one yet. Didn’t bother with the others

Maybe PP changed the line up every week to make sure as many as possible got paid