Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Fly The Friendly Skies

SnoopJohnnyJohn

Don't know if you guys saw this, but it's massive news over here.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/10/business/united-flight-passenger-dragged.html?_r=0

I can't believe that not only do they still oversell seats, but they pull paying customers off for their own staff.

And then there was what happened in this case. Way WAY too far.

• Members

Hang on. So this bloke isn't being arrested? He's bought a ticket but the airline have overbooked so they picked him arbitrarily and dragged him off? If that'd the case surely these security staff and police are in for a massive lawsuit?

Could they not sort this prior to boarding, fucking inept.

Joking aside, I hate United Airlines. Shit name aside, I have had some peculiar instances with them, not least being one time when I was the only person travelling in First Class and being told by some menopausal sexagenarian trolley dolly that "I have no food left, I don't want to discuss it, it is just the way it is" before fucking off with the trolley not to be seen again for the entire flight from Chicago to Denver.

That is just one of four incidents I have had with them and the only one which ended with any satisfaction was when I received a cheque through the mail for USD$100 because my TV monitor was fucked.

I hope he does sue the shit out of them.

Slightly different subject but related; we have talked on here before of how they overbook and then have an auction at the departure desk by offering cash and hotel/meal inducements for those willing to stay over in whatever city for the night in exchange for giving up their seat. Seems a mad system.

Hang on. So this bloke isn't being arrested? He's bought a ticket but the airline have overbooked so they picked him arbitrarily and dragged him off? If that'd the case surely these security staff and police are in for a massive lawsuit?

Was just about to ask the same question.  Only read half the article.

Surely he can sue big time for that?

Actually shocked me a bit seeing that.  Poor fcuker, those screams . . .

No, he's broken the law by not obeying the decision of the Captain.

He's suing no one

Righteous Pigs - Fly The Friendly Skies.

Mangled and disfigured

Scorched and water soaked

Ruined, wrecked and ravished

Crumpled burnt and shattered

Bent out of proportion

Crushed into contortion

Smashed and left in pieces

Nothing left intact

Casualty affects the human race

Air travel turns to a disgrace

Fly the friendly skies

Gruesome way to die

With the ground collide

Down the bodies come

Loss of our loved ones

Survivors there are none

On a hijacked plane

Dead if you complain

Bullet in your brain

30.000 feet

Thrown out with your seat

Soon the ground you greet

Casualty affects the human race

Air travel turns to a disgrace

Fly the friendly skies

Gruesome way to die

With the ground collide

Down the bodies come

Loss of our loved ones

Survivors there are none

Go through their wallets

We don't give a shit

Let's find the luggage.

A bit of Las Vegas' Righteous Pigs there, continually and criminally overlooked for 'Best Bands Ever' lists...

Edited by Youri McAnespie

• Site Supporter

a "friend" of mine on Facebook posted a link to video this morning along with a declaration that she "will never give United another penny" following the incident.

It turns out she has no plans to go to America but once flew from Atlanta to LA with them about 10 years ago.

So if the share price nosedives, you know why.

• Site Supporter

Just to recap as I'm getting blown off a window ledge. Did they guy refuse to leave the plane?

Sounds a bit dangerous

Is she just leaning out of the window to perform this daredevil fellatio?

Just to recap as I'm getting blown off a window ledge. Did they guy refuse to leave the plane?

Do window ledges offer such services nowadays? Technology eh

Yeah said he had work in the morning or summat. Refused got twatted then dragged off plane only to return 10 mins later it appears. Fuck knows what's gone on

YES. He was a doctor who said he had appointments booked with patients for the following morning.

They were not overbooked, after everyone was seated, 4 united employes turned up and said they need to be on that flight to relocate to another airport, after asking people to volunteer, a person was then picked at random (this guy) but he said he was doctor and required to be in his office the next day and then was dragged off the plane

No, he's broken the law by not obeying the decision of the Captain.

He's suing no one

Doesn't mean it's 'right' though does it?  T'was legal to  gas gypsies, Jews and other undesirables in a certain world power not all that long ago . . .

And, yes they are comparable before anyone starts ;) 

Doesn't mean it's 'right' though does it? T'was legal to gas gypsies, Jews and other undesirables in a certain world power not all that long ago . . .

And, yes they are comparable before anyone starts ;)

The captain must have jurisdiction on his plane