Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Fly The Friendly Skies

SnoopJohnnyJohn

• Site Supporter

Was it the captain's decision or the airline staff.

Either way, even if it was the captain's decision would he still not have to have justification to avoid comeback. Much like the police: wrongful arrest, malicious prosecution etc.

The damage to the airline however is being done by social media.

The captain must have jurisdiction on his plane

I don't have a problem there; more in that the Cap, airline or even the tea lady for that matter could potentially throw off a paying customer, whose sat in his seat doin nowt wrong, as he refused to leave because the airline in question have dropped a bollock/ been greedy bastards.  Delete as appropriate 

I think you got that though :) 

To be honest I don't see the relevance of what the bloke has done in the past to what happened on that flight. I would wager all of us have skeletons in the cupboard (and at least 95% of us have blackmailed folk for gay sex) that the tabloids would use if we found ourselves in a similar situation.

If not they would go for guilt by association and you would be described as being a member of an internet message board whose members live in garages and have sex with Kermit the Frog dolls or inject Brasso whilst watching the 10 minute free view bit on the Adult Channel.

To be honest I don't see the relevance of what the bloke has done in the past to what happened on that flight. I would wager all of us have skeletons in the cupboard (and at least 95% of us have blackmailed folk for gay sex) that the tabloids would use if we found ourselves in a similar situation.

If not they would go for guilt by association and you would be described as being a member of an internet message board whose members live in garages and have sex with Kermit the Frog dolls or inject Brasso whilst watching the 10 minute free view bit on the Adult Channel.

Spot on. Who hasn't done that ????

Joking aside this has no relevance whatsoever to him being dragged off a flight he had paid for for no wrong doing other than being a bit fierce when he was removed.

Aye but therein lies the power of the press.  Now he'll be seen by many as the gay weirdo who had that plane thing once.

The real issue will get forgotten about.  It's an old but clever trick - well done UA

• Site Supporter

Aye but therein lies the power of the press.  Now he'll be seen by many as the gay weirdo who had that plane thing once.

The real issue will get forgotten about.  It's an old but clever trick - well done UA

If it was me, I'd console myself by swimming around in the massive amount of paper money UA will be throwing at me.

If it was me, I'd console myself by swimming around in the massive amount of paper money UA will be throwing at me.

Well I wouldn't refuse it :)

It's more that the inhumane treatment or, imo, breach of his human rights will get forgotten about and the airlines will carry on with this daft practice.  Although I doubt they'll be so heavy handed in future.

Bullying shit like this really winds me up

• Moderators

doubt it

"most people" who have seen the video, and it's a lot of people given it was on the tv news, will not have read 1 article in the telegraph or wherever else

and most that do, won't care

some will tell their mates "did you know that guy on the plane got sucked off in return for subscriptions" and that'll be that

and it won't get their share price back up

pointless exercise

doubt it

"most people" who have seen the video, and it's a lot of people given it was on the tv news, will not have read 1 article in the telegraph or wherever else

and most that do, won't care

some will tell their mates "did you know that guy on the plane got sucked off in return for subscriptions" and that'll be that

and it won't get their share price back up

pointless exercise

Hope so.  Still diverts negative attention away from them and diffuses things, if only a little.

I'm no finance mon but I'd wager their shares will get back up eventually.  

United airlines staff are fucking obnoxious in my personal experience so I wouldn't have given my place on the plane for them either.

Correct. And their staff seem to be totally unaware of the 100ml cabin baggage ruling (or think it doesn't apply to them) & have to empty their water bottles, make up containers, shampoo bottles etc., causing anyone behind them to be held up. EVERY FUCKING TIME.

Hope so.  Still diverts negative attention away from them and diffuses things, if only a little.

I'm no finance mon but I'd wager their shares will get back up eventually.  

Their shares were already back up. They were 4% down before the market opened, but back to only 1% down by the end of trading. Thing is, most airlines were down 1% on that day anyway.

Most people absolutely won't give a shit about this, and will still fly United anyway. The vocal minority might boycott it, but they probably only fly once a year for holidays.

Truth is, not many people care who their airline is, they just book the cheapest/best time flight they find.

• Site Supporter

Their shares were already back up. They were 4% down before the market opened, but back to only 1% down by the end of trading. Thing is, most airlines were down 1% on that day anyway.

Most people absolutely won't give a shit about this, and will still fly United anyway. The vocal minority might boycott it, but they probably only fly once a year for holidays.

Truth is, not many people care who their airline is, they just book the cheapest/best time flight they find.

Are you suggesting that faux outrage by social media users cannot bring a billion dollar company to its knees?

You seem very flippant - don't you realise that sharing a video on Facebook/Twitter with a sincere message of righteous indignation will have executives throwing themselves from the 35th floor boardroom?

What a fucking time to be alive.

fuckin

booooooooo