Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Shit, Thieving Hotels.

Whizz

6 of us stayed over in Blackpool last Saturday night after playing cricket there.

The hotel was a shithole, which we weren't bothered about but then on Sunday they emailed me saying we had caused damage to one of the rooms and we had stolen 3 tv remotes which they would be charging me for.

All untrue.

I asked them to provide evidence as the rooms they said weren't ours.

Anyhow they've charged my debit card with £150

Any advice here? Other than posting my shit through the letterbox.

6 of us stayed over in Blackpool last Saturday night after playing cricket there.

The hotel was a shithole, which we weren't bothered about but then on Sunday they emailed me saying we had caused damage to one of the rooms and we had stolen 3 tv remotes which they would be charging me for.

All untrue.

I asked them to provide evidence as the rooms they said weren't ours.

Anyhow they've charged my debit card with £150

Any advice here? Other than posting my shit through the letterbox.

Report them to the police and tell them that you are doing it

Cheers.

Exactly, why nick tv remotes.

Clearly a scam.

They also said they had to reimburse a room as we kept them up til 4am.

Didn't get in til 4:45

Ive emailed them with threats of going to some of the suggested.

I've emailed booking.com who it was booked through.

Will go to the bank on Tuesday.

Will tweet the Blackpool tourism board.

Just playing Devil's Advocate here.

So you got in at 4.45am - perhaps you woke the other guys, not kept them awake til 4am, and the hotel just misspoke when talking to you?

And given you got in at 4.45am, I'm guessing you weren't all stone-cold sober?

Perhaps there's a chance that one of your six DID do something a little untoward?

Just playing Devil's Advocate here.

So you got in at 4.45am - perhaps you woke the other guys, not kept them awake til 4am, and the hotel just misspoke when talking to you?

And given you got in at 4.45am, I'm guessing you weren't all stone-cold sober?

Perhaps there's a chance that one of your six DID do something a little untoward?

Perhaps you have drawn these conclusions with no facts at all. Unless you saw it on wanderersplayer and whitewhizz had skewed view ???? Edited by tomski

Your bank card should be with the likes of visa or MasterCard, report it to your bank and they make sure the payment is held & investigated

Won't do the vendor any favours, if they have above a certain % of fraudulent transactions the card machine is pulled (if the bank agrees it was fraudulent)

P.s never stay in shit hotels, just not worth it, you might as well go home

• Site Supporter

I once stayed in a shit hotel in Bournemouth. Building work on some floors, that type of thing. Free parking though which was a bonus. On the check-out day, I asked if my car would be ok staying put while we had a walk around Bournemouth. "No problem at all," I was told by the Indian owner.

Two weeks later, I got a bank statement with a £20 deduction. It said the name of the hotel and I knew I hadn't actually spent on the card so I phoned them. It was for an extra three hours parking beyond my check-out time.

I got in touch with RBS Visa and they reimbursed it but what a cheeky set of wankers!