Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Footy Teams And Companies Sponsoring Motorways

Zico

• Moderators

reckon this will happen?

http://www.itv.com/news/granada/2017-04-27/the-manchester-united-m6-football-teams-and-firms-could-soon-sponsor-motorways/

The Manchester United M6? Football teams and firms could soon sponsor motorways

Manchester United could sponsor the M6 motorway, according to a proposal to generate funds for investment in roads.

Sports teams, supermarkets and tech firms are among the companies who could purchase the naming rights of major roads under a Road Miles concept.

The plan outlines the potential establishment of the Manchester United M6, the Morrisons M1, the Microsoft M4 and the adidas A1.

reckon this will happen?

http://www.itv.com/news/granada/2017-04-27/the-manchester-united-m6-football-teams-and-firms-could-soon-sponsor-motorways/

The Manchester United M6? Football teams and firms could soon sponsor motorways

Manchester United could sponsor the M6 motorway, according to a proposal to generate funds for investment in roads.

Sports teams, supermarkets and tech firms are among the companies who could purchase the naming rights of major roads under a Road Miles concept.

The plan outlines the potential establishment of the Manchester United M6, the Morrisons M1, the Microsoft M4 and the adidas A1.

It would be difficult to avoid the M6

• Site Supporter

So not only would I have to spend countless hours of bone-melting misery going nowhere on the Thelwall Viaduct, I would now have to do it with images of Mark Rashford gazing smugly at me from all the fucking lamp posts?

Fuck off

Right off

And when you've got where you fucked off to, fuck off from there as well.

Not sure how a club's sponsors would feel seeing their investments being spent on road signs.

I'm not sure a club sponsor would be bothered where their money is spent, as long as they get their name on the advertising hoardings and shirts etc

• Site Supporter

I'm not sure a club sponsor would be bothered where their money is spent, as long as they get their name on the advertising hoardings and shirts etc

True, but it some of that money is invested in the team then more chance their product associated with success.

Or moreover, go direct and sponsor a motorway themselves.

So not only would I have to spend countless hours of bone-melting misery going nowhere on the Thelwall Viaduct, I would now have to do it with images of Mark Rashford gazing smugly at me from all the fucking lamp posts?

Fuck off

Right off

And when you've got where you fucked off to, fuck off from there as well.

You should consider using the A49.

Options thereafter include the A41 and A518, taking you close to Lilleshall National Sports Centre and Yew Tree Manor, the later childhood home of the Corbyn brothers, where Piers had his first weather station and Jeremy did whatever he did at the time.

• Site Supporter

You should consider using the A49.

Options thereafter include the A41 and A518, taking you close to Lilleshall National Sports Centre and Yew Tree Manor, the later childhood home of the Corbyn brothers, where Piers had his first weather station and Jeremy did whatever he did at the time.

Malc

Take this the right way, but my office is in Telford and I travel down every week, often several times a week. I've used every conceivable route over the last 2 years.

Therefore, I know every house, shop, garage, dogging spot, iffy bend, pothole, farm and pub between here and mid Salop.

My commute used to be into an office on Manchester Road via Bolton town centre.

Now here's a fact (you like those) - there are exactly the same number of sets of traffic lights between Horwich and Manchester Road as there are between Horwich and Telford using the A49 route.

Boom.

Now here's a fact (you like those) - there are exactly the same number of sets of traffic lights between Horwich and Manchester Road as there are between Horwich and Telford using the A49 route.

Not very often somebody can "out dull" Malcolm  -  well done, have a +1