Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Edmonton

Con

I live a couple of miles away. Places to avoid - Edmonton!

Are you staying at the travelodge opposite the station? If you like grilled meat, eat at Kervan restaurant - about 5 mins walk from the station (Church St). There are a few pubs, but I haven't been drinking round there, so couldn't recommend any. I think the Lamb (between the station and Kervan) has been refurbed recently.

Where is the gig?

I think we are at the Travelodge, going to see Depeche mode at the Olympic Stadium, left my mate in charge of sorting the accommodation while I sorted tickets and travel.

So where would you recommend nearby but out of Edmonton then?

Cheers btw

As per EG's comments, it depends what you're after. Stoke Newington has plenty of pubs - it's only 10-15 mins on the overground from Edmonton. If you're talking about after the gig, given that you're in East London it may be worth heading back to somewhere like Shoreditch for late night drinking establishments - then jumping in an Uber back to the hotel from there (last train is about midnight). Will be full of hipster types around Shoreditch.