Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Holiday Illness

athywhite1958

Salford Trotter, we went to Puerto Del Carmen and stayed at the Apartments Del Carmen, the restaurant was just round the corner and owned by the same people.

Why do we pay insurance that covers illness if it doesn't really mean that?

It covers illness that causes you to not go on your holiday. Or have to come back early. Or will cover cost of treatment whilst on holiday. It probably doesn't (I've never seen one that does) cover you if you get sick on holiday. What costs would you want insurance to pick up there? If you get a cold or flu on the plane, would insurance be expected to cover the first few days of your holiday whilst you were ill? 

If an insurance company can find a way out of paying, they will.

FACTAFUCKINGMUNDO

We pay something like 99% of motor claims. Most people understand it, it's a compulsory insurance.

Issues arise when people buy home or travel insurance (and probably life or critical illness) based on the cheapest price on a comparison site and don't bother to read what it actually covers them for and just think it covers everything. It doesn't.

We pay something like 99% of motor claims. Most people understand it, it's a compulsory insurance.

Issues arise when people buy home or travel insurance (and probably life or critical illness) based on the cheapest price on a comparison site and don't bother to read what it actually covers them for and just think it covers everything. It doesn't.

Surely life cover covers death??!

Salford Trotter, we went to Puerto Del Carmen and stayed at the Apartments Del Carmen, the restaurant was just round the corner and owned by the same people.

Why do we pay insurance that covers illness if it doesn't really mean that?

Thanks mate..maybe a review on tripadvisor without incriminating yourself could give you some retribution

Myself an Mrs Sweep went on an AI to Tunisia a few years ago. It was shit.

Anyway, when we got there, we heard that a few people had been really ill, and a few people were in their rooms on drips. The food always seemed a bit suspect, bit we were OK for the week that we were there. On the flight on the way back, it was like an internal switch had been flicked and we were spewing liquid from both ends for most of the flight, it was awful.

We had to go for tests when we got back to England, and it transpires that we had contracted cryptosporidium - we were both signed off work for 2 weeks. I must admit, it's the sickest I have ever been, although on the upside we both lost quite a lot of weight

We were advised at the time we should try and make a claim, but we didn't bother, mainly because I'm too bone idle

Have you been pissing in reservoirs?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-33810932