Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Terror Attacks

Spider

These different terror threat levels I doubt make much difference to the person on the street, not me anyway, the threat is always imminent for me. Physically though it sounds like we'll be seeing the military knocking around

What a fucking day. Being Manc based I was involved in what would be deacribed as the company's "emergency response" today ensuring that kit/supplies were delivered as needed on a time critical basis to hospitals. Fook me had blurred vision all day and gone through packets of tissues. Fortunately I was distanced from it but unfortunately was privy to some of the details of the injuries due to dealing with people at the "coal face". I cannot give high enough praise to everyone in the NHS who were dealing with it all. It was patently obvious that they had practiced for a day like this and worked absolute fucking miracles through a properly managed and programmed response. Got home to find out that my stepdaughters best mate had lost her Auntie and daughter. Off to a couple of Manc hospitals in the morning a really grim day that I'm not looking forward to. Heads in bits, just rambling, struggled to speak to anyone today (work and NHS aside). WWays the cathartic solution.......

It's on the BBC, see soldiers on the streets in key locations.

More or less at war with these bastards now, like has been forewarned for many moons.

Intel is definitely playing a part and they most likely know he has/had links in sleeper cells across the area or country.

I'd imagine it very difficult for a 22 year old kid to be capable of building that bomb himself. He's had guidance from someone somewhere and clearly explains why his name wasn't released instantly even though they found ID on him straight away.

Army on the streets and pivotal locations will bring it really home to those who turned a blind eye to the problem.

• Site Supporter

I am like others, it has really bothered me this. I don't know if it because it is so close to home or because it was aimed at kids - or both. Whatever it is this has really affected me more than I thought it would. My 6 year old asked me on the way home from school why people have been hurt in Manchester, I really had to hold it together :(

Maybe people will now understand the neccesity of shooting a suspected suicide bomber dead and to keep on shooting the suspect until they are definitely dead and no longer pose any further risk.

Avoid Stockwell tube station if you have a sun tan.

Edited by leigh white

My Mrs and I had a wander into the City Centre this evening, not to attend the vigil but rather to appreciate the sense of grief that surrounds us all. As others have noted it was a surreal experience with a calm that appears to have descended across the City so quickly after the carnage only 18 hours earlier. We will prevail

Maybe people will now understand the neccesity of shooting a suspected suicide bomber dead and to keep on shooting the suspect until they are definitely dead and no longer pose any further risk.

The Police certainly do have a tough task when it comes to some of these things, shooting an innocent man would never go down well, look at what happened after Tottenham and I'm not even sure if he was innocent or not

But your right to a certain extent, they need to be able to shoot if they believe that their is a threat to life, don't they already have this authority? Not sure how much it helps if they aren't onto someone though

I'm also fairly relaxed about some privacy laws being given up if it helps the authorities stop stuff like this in the future. I've every confidence that they would use the additional powers in the right way

Edited by birch-chorley

The Police certainly do have a tough task when it comes to some of these things, shooting an innocent man would never go down well, look at what happened after Tottenham and I'm not even sure if he was innocent or not

But your right to a certain extent, they need to be able to shoot if they believe that their is a threat to life, don't they already have this authority? Not sure how much it helps if they aren't onto someone though

I'm also fairly relaxed about some privacy laws being given up if it helps the authorities stop stuff like this in the future. I've every confidence that they would use the additional powers in the right way

For the first time in my life i felt uneasy that the streets were full of police who are only armed with batons / tazer's. I would hate for it to kick off and the police being on the back foot. i am normally anti gun but we need to ability to protect at the same levels. 

For the first time in my life i felt uneasy that the streets were full of police who are only armed with batons / tazer's. I would hate for it to kick off and the police being on the back foot. i am normally anti gun but we need to ability to protect at the same levels.

Pretty sure armed officers were mingling with the unarmed officers.

Im assuming they think he wasnt working alone

Aye early reports said it was a sophisticated attack and not likely to be someone on their own, so assume until they get all the others the threat is there.