Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Terror Attacks

Spider

1 hour ago, miamiwhite said:

I agree Jol, but having listened to a few security folk on tv and in interviews, it’s looking like she’s likely to get off with it.

Sickenend by it obviously as she’s clearly no remorse or regrets whatsoever.

She’s clearly crackers and should be put in a nuthouse indefinitely.

Shit state of current life isn’t it ?

Worrying if that's what the experts think. If you can't bang up someone who openly admits to going to join ISIS and who doesn't have remorse for doing so, then I'm not sure what the point in having that law is.

• Members
12 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Re the last paragraph, can't blame the child for where and to whom it's born- so fair dos on that one. Though I would be wary of letting grandparents raise her.

Spot on. Not the innocent kids fault although, no doubt, the odd nutjob may condone stabbing.

Find some anonymous, decent mixed race couple desperate for a child and let the poor lad grow up in decent surroundings and make something of himself.

No way should he be let anywhere near her extremist father.

• Members
4 hours ago, MickyD said:

I think the point being made is that her return (or not) should not be a decision based on opinion of millions of folk who share negative viewpoints on Facebook, Twitter, Wanderersways, etc. It should be a decision based on law of the land.

No sane person is going to say forgive and forget and welcome her home. The Government know that her return would garner a high degree of unrest and mistrust but the law is the law.

If she was allowed to walk free I would not be surprised if she was to suffer harm.

10 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Can't agree. 15 and a bit naive maybe. Nevertheless perfectly capable of forming an informed opinion based on plenty of evidence.

Shows no remorse nor regret either.

She's a bad un.

She was groomed....I think its important to put it into that context. We wouldn't say a 15 year old groomed by an older man and raped was "perfectly capable of an informed decision". 

As others say her attitude now is the bigger issue - and also the fact we can't just keep her locked up as potentially she hasn't committed crimes worthy of that treatment.  Equally long term we can't block her coming back. Its a messed up situation. 

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

She was groomed....I think its important to put it into that context. We wouldn't say a 15 year old groomed by an older man and raped was "perfectly capable of an informed decision". 

As others say her attitude now is the bigger issue - and also the fact we can't just keep her locked up as potentially she hasn't committed crimes worthy of that treatment.  Equally long term we can't block her coming back. Its a messed up situation. 

We all undoubtedly made mistakes as teenagers. Certainly, at 15 I knew exactly the mistakes in life I was making. Those mistakes usually were things like picking a fight with a hard bastard and coming off worst; drinking too much alcohol and ending up pissed up on a park bench all night... you know, things we all did as kids.

One thing I didn't do was run away and join a known terrorist group. That isn't a mistake, it's a lifestyle choice.

2 minutes ago, MickyD said:

We all undoubtedly made mistakes as teenagers. Certainly, at 15 I knew exactly the mistakes in life I was making. Those mistakes usually were things like picking a fight with a hard bastard and coming off worst; drinking too much alcohol and ending up pissed up on a park bench all night... you know, things we all did as kids.

One thing I didn't do was run away and join a known terrorist group. That isn't a mistake, it's a lifestyle choice.

I'm not disagreeing - but she didn't just fall into it. She was targeted and groomed. For me - if she was now saying "look I made a terrible mistake I renounce ISIS and want to come back" I think her age and circumstances play a part. But given she thinks beheadings are normal...nah.

But being groomed and coerced into it at 15 isn't absolutely the end point for me. I think there is redemption from there. But not when at 19 you have the attitude she seems to. 

17 hours ago, Jol_BWFC said:

Can you send us a link to that FACT?

Don't get me wrong most of the stuff posted is racially spewed bollocks at times but this stuff is pretty accurate:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/09/15/former-british-soldier-jailed-nearly-8-years-turkey-accused/

She shouldn't be allowed back in my opinion. she is a risk to us all. only takes her to encourage one person to kill and its one too many.